Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hydration pack For Ironman Run
Quote | Reply
Hello

I'm doing Chattanooga this weekend and with the weather report saying 88 F but feels like 96.
Contemplating wearing the hydra pack that I have been using during my long training runs.
Not sure if its need since there should be enough aid stations during the run to take flueds in.
Just looking for your feed back if you have used on during the race.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hydration pack For Ironman Run [crash32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never used one at any distance. I think there are more than adequate aid stations to stay hydrated. Maybe look at the course map for where they are located, but I'd do almost anything not to have a pack on my back especially in that heat. Maybe consider carrying a handheld to supplement whatever aid stations there are if you feel the need for a quick drink somewhere in between.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since looking at the map it looks like they are practically every mile, I wouldn't but to each their own. As another poster said, if you feel you need something I would do a handheld. In the heat that pack will get warm, and the extra weight (depending on how much you carry) could slow you down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crash32 wrote:
Hello

I'm doing Chattanooga this weekend and with the weather report saying 88 F but feels like 96.
Contemplating wearing the hydra pack that I have been using during my long training runs.
Not sure if its need since there should be enough aid stations during the run to take flueds in.
Just looking for your feed back if you have used on during the race.

Thanks

another vote here for a hand-held bottle. me, i ALWAYS run with a hand-held, even shorter runs. nice thing besides having a hit of water between aid stops is being able to give the head/face a cold splash when it's hot.
Quote Reply