Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Huub Archimedes sizing
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'8ish and race in the 152-156lb range. I don't fall into any size well, but based on their sizing charts the S looks best. I was pretty sure the M would be too big considering they say it fits up to 187lbs but I just tried one on and it seemed to be a pretty damn good fit all around. If it's more than a hair smaller than the M I can't imagine it not being too tight. Right now I'm about 158-160lbs, at the bottom end of the M range but dead in the middle of the S range. Anyone here roughly my size and tried the S?
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Mar 6, 16 14:51
Quote Reply
Re: Hubb Archimedes sizing [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up a M Archimedes in the Huub sale. I'm 5'10" and a little bit and 167lbs. The M fits me snugly. Given you height and weight, I wouldn't say a M is too big. I'm surprised to hear to say it felt a pretty good fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Hubb Archimedes sizing [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - me too. I was pretty sure the M was going to be too big but a local friend just bought a M so I tried it on. I know it will loosen up slightly in the water but it was nowhere close to loose anywhere. If anything the arms were slightly short once I had it worked up onto my shoulders. The neckline was definitely pushing the limits of tight too.
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if it means anything I have a M too and I'm 5-11, 175lbs
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess a couple inches taller helps spread the extra weight. The M is pretty snug on me at 158-160 right now - to the point that I can't imagine another 10-15lbs not being uncomfortably tight. I might order a S and M just to be absolutely positive.
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody tried the SMT?

I'm wondering as I am 170 LBs but closer to 162-164 on race day at about 6 feet.

My girlfriend Axena came in too big for her when following the chart so I'm erring on the too small side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5' 7" and was about 145 during the season and used the Aerious size SMT last year and it fit great. I've had the suit on when I was around 155 and it still fit great. I'm obviously on the small side but have a swimmers build - so bigger chest and shoulders. Worked w/Beth from Huub online and she helped out a lot with sizing. Looks like the Aerious and Archimedes size charts are the same so hopefully this helps. Good luck!

John
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [2pyrfam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Seems the more opinions I get the more variation there is in what works vs the size chart. I'm, dead in the middle of the weight range for the S but slightly tall at 5'8ish. Still, they say to use weight as the primary guide. I was pretty sure that was the right size for me until I tried on that M this past weekend and it felt pretty damn good - comfortable snug everywhere. The real proof is in the water once it gets wet but I need to make the best choice I can short of that. So I geeked out a little and put together this chart of the sizing showing where I fall for each. Still looks like S isn't a bad choice although I could also fit the ST on the fat and short side.

http://i149.photobucket.com/...Huub_zpsec4wp3za.jpg
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Mar 8, 16 18:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know its a tough call! I struggled with it for a long time but when I e-mailed Beth at Huub she suggested going up to a SMT for my body type - bigger chest and shoulders. So I would definitely consider what your body type is in selecting a size as well. Are you buying directly from Huub? They told me I could buy and try and return/exchange it if it didn't fit which minimizes the risk. Definitely don't want any chest constriction so if you are broader there I would opt for the M or try the SMT. If you want to reach out to Huub for advice they were very helpful - usa@huubdesign.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [2pyrfam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - I'll probably buy 2 or 3 sizes and keep whichever I like best. I have a biker/runner build - narrow shoulders, chest of a 8yo boy, and relatively muscular quads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought an Aerious (same fit dimensions), and I'm 5'7" 145lbs with a 37" chest. I sent these measurements to Beth at HUUB and she recommended me a small, so I ordered it from Trisports during their 50% off sale. It didn't fit at all. It was at least a size too small, and my wife couldn't even zip me up in the back. It looked like a kid's wetsuit. When I went to exchange it for a medium, that size was all sold out. Bummer.
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [MichaelT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are definitely smaller than me, though I don't know my chest measurement. If a S didn't fit you it absolutely won't fit me.
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Mar 10, 16 8:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'10", ~160-165 lbs. I have the SMT and it fits well. I tried the M for a few long swims, and decided to stick with the SMT. The M felt great, but after some time in the suit with longer open water swims, I felt that the SMT stayed closer to the body, and was just a comfortable. That was about a year ago, and I am still glad I went with the SMT.
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [cldtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried the Archimedes II? Do folks still have any issues with water leaking in the neck line?
I'm 5'10 177, did a demo swim with a size ML (original Archimedes), and the fit felt good but water was pouring in the back of my neck. They said I'd need to size down to a medium to fix the issue. I didn't get a chance to try the medium, and was assuming it would be too tight given the ML felt good otherwise...
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got one. I'm just a touch under 6'0" and weigh 170 give or take and the medium fits quite well but is very snug. The arms are a maybe a little short when I get it pulled up in the armpits but I think a size bigger would be much too big. Should loosen up slightly once I get it in the water.

Quote | Reply
I just got an L Aerious II and love it. I'm 5'8", 158, but carry it all in the belly (for now). The suit is plenty snug all over and very flexible. No constriction in the shoulders.

"If everything seems in control, you aren't going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti
Quote Reply
Re: Huub Archimedes sizing [snoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huub dealer and I use SMT
5-11, 148-150lbs
fits perfecto

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I took a shot and ordered the Arch II in small. Unfortunately, it's too short. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's too small otherwise though. It could stand to be a bit broader in my upper back and shoulders but didn't feel constricting anywhere else. The biggest issue is that my arms were most definitely restricted, not by the shoulders but by the arm pits. Even with the arms yanked up so the cuffs were 3-4 inches above my wrists the arm pits of the suit weren't high enough. So the torso and arms are definitely too short. The problem with the SMT looks to be that I'm 5-8lbs below the bottom end of the weight range. The same with the M but that one is supposed to accommodate all the way up to 187lbs - 30+ lbs more than me. I may just have to order both a SMT and a M and then send 2 of the 3 back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are people's thoughts on the Huub Arcimedes? I'm a 26/27min 70.3 swimmer, currently swimming in a cheap sleeveless, but am shopping around for a sleeved. Budget around $300ish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6'1, 164lbs. I have an Aerious size M that's a pain in the ass to put on without creating small tears in the leg area. I am really thinking that I should have gone for size MT instead. For you size M might be too loose IMO. No fucking way their size M would fit someone at even 175lbs.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply