Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Huge leg size and strength differences. Due to knee injury?
Quote | Reply
My right leg is over 1" larger at the quad. It is visibly different all around as far as muscle development goes. When cycling my pedal stroke is all crazy and it is getting worse in spite of my efforts to strengthen my left leg. I post/don't bent the left leg very much when I run.

Somewhere, I pretty sure it was here, I read about knee injuries causing problems like this. I have hurt my left leg many times riding motocross, playing football and in my early running years but never went to the Dr for scans. At one point I did do physical therapy.

I suspect that I have damage that may need to be repaired to fix his although I have minimal pain in the knee now.

Can anyone point me to some decent reading? I am not exactly sure what I am looking for but I don't know what to do as far as fixing the problem.

I am not looking for an internet diagnosis but I would like to be able to explain this and my suspicions to a Dr. Without sounding like a complete idiot.

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Reach high, think big, work hard, have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Huge leg size and strength differences. Due to knee injury? [Number2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My N+1.... I have a pretty good size difference between my legs as well. I've had numerous left leg injuries including tendinitis twice in that knee, plataar faciitis, and recently Achilles tendinitis. Oh and just for good measure I had a mild sprain when I rolled it running at night 3 years ago. My shoe wear shows I run with a very slight difference in gait, heel striking slightly more, but pronation appears similar to my right.

I would definitely get that pedal stroke corrected. You should never be ridding out of control in term of pedaling motion. You need to focs on good controlled motions and then add power/speed on top of that. Sort of like swimming. Practice bad form, is never productive.

However, I've never had a true knee injury. IT sounds like there is likely some structural issues if you running with a straight leg. That's sounds really bad... and would kill your run economy.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply