Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to release gear calipers and cables aduro extensions on p5
Quote | Reply
Hi

Need to shift from high v to low mount on my p5

How do I
1. Get the gear calipers/shifters released so I can pull them out of the extensions ?
2. Get the gear cable released from the calipers/shifters so I can take off the extensions

Not an engineer nor bike mechanic as you can probably guess from the question :-)
Quote Reply
Re: How to release gear calipers and cables aduro extensions on p5 [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andreasjs wrote:
Hi

Need to shift from high v to low mount on my p5

How do I
1. Get the gear calipers/shifters released so I can pull them out of the extensions ?
2. Get the gear cable released from the calipers/shifters so I can take off the extensions

Not an engineer nor bike mechanic as you can probably guess from the question :-)

Not trying to be a Richard but if you're asking those questions you need to put your tools down and head to your LBS.
Quote Reply
Re: How to release gear calipers and cables aduro extensions on p5 [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for the RD/right shifter, while your bike is in stand shift into lowest gear in back (while pedaling) then, while not pedaling shift back into highest gear. this should pop out the head of the RD cable. snip the head off. then loosen the cinch bolt on the RD where the cable is attached and pull it out from the bottom. this will avoid pulling damaged cable through housing and you can potentially re-use the housing.

for the FD/left shifter, do that same thing basically. while pedaling shift bike into big ring, then while not pedaling shift back down into little ring; shift cable head should pop out at the shifter.

taking apart the shifter is a little more complicated. you didn't mention whether you have shimano, sram, or campy.

and yea, like the guy above me said; if you're asking THESE questions you probably shouldn't be doing it yourself.
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Feb 11, 17 5:43
Quote Reply
Re: How to release gear calipers and cables aduro extensions on p5 [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply

Probably didn't explain myself well. It's the tt shifters I'm trying to remove and especially the shifter cable -- so I can take off the extensions and the high v mount

Attaching pics of where I am so far. So far so good but can't get the cable out because it has a stopper. Only way to get it out is to cut the cable and in this case I would need to replace the whole cable?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understood what you were trying to do and explained some of the steps necessary for doing so. Yes, you will have to replace the cables. Your picture didn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: How to release gear calipers and cables aduro extensions on p5 [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It goes to the mechanic then
Quote Reply