Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to pick a foot expert...
Quote | Reply
So, I'm finally really really tired of my painful plantar fascia. I've "managed" the pain with stretching and other PT excercises. But every time I try to maintain 45 miles a week or have a long run over 15, it's just excrutiating. And it just nags the hell out of me even on easy weeks.

The problem I face is that, about 2 years ago, I went on a search for some advice about knee pain. I saw two PTs, a chiropractor/podiatrist, a Feldenkreis practitioner, and a podiatrist. Two of the four said I needed stability shoes with orthotics. One said I should quit running. One said I underpronate and need cushion shoes and no orthotic. The final one said I need to gain flexibility in my hips and one ankle, but my feet were fine.

How does one go about knowing who to believe? When every "expert" has something wildly different to say, what should I do?

Finally -- does anyone have a reference to an expert in this area in San Diego County?
Quote Reply
Re: How to pick a foot expert... [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julian, I am also suffering from foot problems and unfortunately have not found an "expert" to cure the problem. Yesterday, I ordered a book titled "Fixing Your Feet" by John Vonhof and John Kozak. The reviews were from a number of athletes with varying backgrounds that all rated the book 5 of 5 stars. I haven't read it yet so can't offer my own opinion, but based upon other reviews it may be worth a try. Good luck!
Quote Reply