Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do I clean up a Di2 front end?
Quote | Reply
I'm building up a new Parlee TTiR. I'll be using my existing Di2 components which include the DA TT shifters on the aero bars (one button on each side), DA brake levers wit the shifters, Ultegra 6770 FD and RD. The bars are PD Volna.

So in looking at the setup I'm wondering what if anything can be done to keep the front end as clutter free as possible as it's built. The wires from the TT shifters come out under the extensions, and the wires off the brake levers come out under the base bar. All this needs to come together at the junction box (5 port) which will strap under the stem. It seems to me that there's not really a way to tighten it up. There's going to be wires hanging down.

Any insight for a solution?
Last edited by: Max Daddy: Jul 22, 14 1:43
Quote Reply
Re: How to clean up a Di2 front end [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To clean up the front end on my Speed Concept 7.0 I used multiple four port junction boxes and placed them in the frame. See TriRig as example.
Quote Reply
Re: How to clean up a Di2 front end [triromad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triromad wrote:
To clean up the front end on my Speed Concept 7.0 I used multiple four port junction boxes and placed them in the frame. See TriRig as example.

This.

I just did this and now have just 1 wire leaving the bars.

4 Port Box 1 - Left brake/shifter, Aerobar shifter, etube wire to Box2

4 port box 2 - RIght brake/shifter, Aerobar shifter, cable from box 1, and single etube wire to the EW-90 control box that's living behind the stem in a Torhans aerobento. The single etube wire is heat shrink tubed to the rear brake cable housing.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: How to clean up a Di2 front end [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bostonalex wrote:
triromad wrote:

This.

I just did this and now have just 1 wire leaving the bars.

4 Port Box 1 - Left brake/shifter, Aerobar shifter, etube wire to Box2

4 port box 2 - RIght brake/shifter, Aerobar shifter, cable from box 1, and single etube wire to the EW-90 control box that's living behind the stem in a Torhans aerobento. The single etube wire is heat shrink tubed to the rear brake cable housing.

Thanks for all of that guys.

I did look at TriRig, pretty cool what they did with Potts' bike.

Question on using the 4 port boxes. Where did you put them? I know you mentioned in the frame, but where in the frame and how? Don't they rattle around?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both of the 4 port boxes in front inside the basebar, that's how you can achieve only having 1 etube wire leave the bars and make it back to the control box.

I'll snap few pics tonight, I've been meaning to post up pics of the install.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: How to clean up a Di2 front end [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

I may have a problem in that the Volna doesn't look like it's di2 friendly. I think the only way to get the wires down from the TT shifters is out the bottom of the aerobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Max Daddy wrote:
Thanks.

I may have a problem in that the Volna doesn't look like it's di2 friendly. I think the only way to get the wires down from the TT shifters is out the bottom of the aerobars.

No worries really, none of my equipment is Di2 ready / friendly. I got all the wiring / boxes down the bars behind the brake levers. It takes forever but it's well worth it.

-Alex

Quote Reply