Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How many races do you travel for?
Quote | Reply
I'm considering Rev3 Florida in Nov which would be the 3rd race requiring travel (airline) for this season (Chicago and Nationals being the other two). Using quick math, its around 800-900 all told for me to get down there and race flight/car/hotel/entry/food. I'm in Boston and will have 1 half-marathon and 6 tri's races under my belt (7 if I enter pilgrimman) this before getting down there. I've had a great season thus far racing consistently 8 minutes for a OLY faster than last year. It seems like an awesome reason to be in Florida in November but am I tempting disaster by extending my season by another 5-6 weeks?

Should I call it a season at the end of September? Have some fun and enter some cyclocross races, get ready for skiing and "focus" on off season beer drinking instead? (that money could go towards say... a new cyclocross bike.....)

How many races do you travel for in a season? Do you have a travel budget?

ahhh the problems we all endure....

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: How many races do you travel for? [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only one race for me at most that requires a flight. Everything else is within driving distance.

Strangely enough the one I'll be flying to is Rev3 Florida.
I have a friend there that has a house I can stay at for free. :)

jaretj
Last edited by: jaretj: Aug 19, 14 17:34
Quote Reply
Re: How many races do you travel for? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
usually about four a year.
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seem to be averaging about three races per year I fly to. One more to go this year. Keeping my fingers crossed regarding any bike damage every time I fly. Ironically any damage (minor) I ever got was while driving. Twice. My dumb fault both times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 per year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I race roughly 8-10x per year. None of which involve a flight. One of which involves an overnight stay.

Having said that, my race schedule/ travel budget would be a lot different if I were more rich. I race what I can afford.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 so far this year and 1 more in October for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drove to Chicago and Milwaukee and stayed at Hotels. Everything else is close.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have two questions here.

1) Would your season be too long if you include Rev 3? Depends on when you started, how you are feeling, and how many years under your belt.

2) How many out of town races do ST'rs do per year? It varies year to year for me. This year is 7 out of town -- 4 by air and 3 by car. I do a few backyard races but it's the same people, same venues over and over. I am very fortunate that I can travel to other cities.
Quote Reply