Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How many orders before you got your FLO wheels?
Quote | Reply
Was thinking of trying to get a 60/90 combination next Spring sometime and I was curious how many orders you had to get in on before you managed to get your wheels? I'm under the impression they sell out in just a couple of minutes and chances are you won't get a set? Just planning ahead and was curious about the challenge of trying to get a set of wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: How many orders before you got your FLO wheels? [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was an early adopter and got in on the very first order on February 2012 with a 60/90 set. Couldn't be more pleased.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3/3 for me although last time I was trying to order 8 wheels and missed out on one disc and one rear 90 due to the extra time loading up the basket before checkout.

If you're organised and quick, it shouldn't be a problem, much like triathlon really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One. Spur of the moment decided to get a front 60 and rear disc and a few mouse clicks later and I was done.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only 1 time. I was on the 3rd release.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had two separate orders in November and December 2014 and got everything I wanted both times. The wheels didn't seem to sell out as fast at that time as they do in the spring when everyone wants them now.

Edit: Got the Front 90 and Disk the first order and two 30 rims the second order.
Last edited by: Bruizer: Jul 31, 15 6:44
Quote Reply
Re: How many orders before you got your FLO wheels? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just one. If you prepare shouldn't be a problem. 90/90, super pleased.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just one. I got a disc and a front 60. Very happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got in on the first try last October. Actually I was travelling, so I walked my wife through it over the phone and no problems. But then again, she's supernaturally good at that sort of thing.

Munq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems that most can actually get one on the first attempt if they are diligent.

Perhaps it seems that so many miss out, because those who don't get wheels become a vocal minority.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took me two orders. My first attempt I was able to get a 60 front, but no 90 rear. Next order I was able to get the 90. I did attempt to buy a set of 30s during a later sale also, but got nothing that time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And this is exactly why it makes great business sense for FLO (and other companies, including Apple) to kep supply short and demand high, even if it irks the folks who miss out the short supply.
Quote Reply
Re: How many orders before you got your FLO wheels? [Nobbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How o you like the disc? Does it compair well to other discs if you've had them? Have two 90s and love them. Thinking of getting a disc this spring.
Nobbie wrote:
3/3 for me although last time I was trying to order 8 wheels and missed out on one disc and one rear 90 due to the extra time loading up the basket before checkout.

If you're organised and quick, it shouldn't be a problem, much like triathlon really.
Quote Reply
Re: How many orders before you got your FLO wheels? [Stephent81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First try.
Quote Reply
Re: How many orders before you got your FLO wheels? [Stephent81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stephent81 wrote:
How o you like the disc? Does it compair well to other discs if you've had them? Have two 90s and love them. Thinking of getting a disc this spring.
Nobbie wrote:

Have you considered a wheel cover, like a Catalyst?
It would be aerodynamically identical and you'd save ~$400
Quote Reply
Re: How many orders before you got your FLO wheels? [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to look into them more. Would they fit over my 90?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Related question:

Anyone have real world evidence of how much faster they make you (i.e. rode course with other wheels at 200 watts in time of X, rode same course at 200 watts with flos in time of Y]

if so would love to know:

1) original wheels
2) Flo set up (60/90)
3) distance
4) MPH
5) times

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: How many orders before you got your FLO wheels? [favata1213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
favata1213 wrote:
Related question:

Anyone have real world evidence of how much faster they make you (i.e. rode course with other wheels at 200 watts in time of X, rode same course at 200 watts with flos in time of Y]

1) original wheels
2) Flo set up (60/90)
3) distance
4) MPH
5) times

Thanks

I just want 'em because they look cooler than stock wheels. Since I feel like I LOOK cooler I'm sure I'll GO faster. At least that will be my reasoning when I open my wallet to purchase a set 😉
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 3/3 on their orders, never had a problem. Very happy with my wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: How many orders before you got your FLO wheels? [favata1213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
favata1213 wrote:
Related question:

1) original wheels
2) Flo set up (60/90)
3) distance
4) MPH
5) times

Thanks
Hope this come out OK, just a cut and paste from another forum I posted on,

Before IM Wales I did loads of testing to see what the differences were between my various sets of wheels. All done with a rolling start at 230W on a TT bike on a loop with 4.65km each way taking out turn around at each end.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/210827336

Mavic Aksium wheels..................36.4Kph
PX wheels 50/101.......................36.9Kph
PX wheels with disc cover............38.0Kph
Flo 60 and disc...........................38.4Kph

So about 0.4kph between a PX 50/101 with disc cover and a Flo 60/disc. I suspect most of the difference is due to the different front wheel rather than the Flo disc/101 with disc cover. The PX50 is a V section and quite narrow with a 23mm Evo open corsa tub on it which isn't the best aero combination.

I had hoped for a bigger difference, but the other advantages such as an aluminium braking surface more than made up for it at IM Wales in the wet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it'll fit on the 90 for sure.

Also, since your wheel is already quite deep I highly doubt that you'll run I to any frame compatibility issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two for two here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Just have to be ready to go when the sale starts. The discs can still be a challenge. But I have monitored their sales a few times and the 60's don't appear hard to get, 90's go a bit quicker. And I have seen 30's still available a good 20 minutes into the sale.

The people that miss out are the people who get home from work, check their email and go "oh yeah, the sale" then get pissed when there are no wheels 6 hours after the sale happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None, I had eBay alert me when FLO wheels were posted for sale and bought a 60/90 set that way.

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply

Prev Next