Prev Next
Re: How many hours do you train weekly on average ? [cyclist87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim: ~1.5-2 Hrs
Bike: ~4-6 hours
Run: ~4 hours
----------------------------------
Total: ~9.5 - 12 hrs

I'm aiming for one 70.3, four Olympics, one sprint, and two half marathons for 2013 :)
Quote Reply
Re: How many hours do you train weekly on average ? [DaveyP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaveyP wrote:
Off Season/Base Period; 10-12
Pre Season/Build: 14-18
Peak: 16-20

Pretty much this ^
Quote Reply
Re: How many hours do you train weekly on average ? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I only include swim, bike, run in my calculation. No strength training, core work, stretching, foam roller, ect.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: How many hours do you train weekly on average ? [DreamBigTriCoac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12-18hr when work is crazy which is usually race season, but in the off season 18-24. Don't think I have ever gone over 24 and do about 2-4 tri races, 2-3 running, and 1-2 open water races. 3-4 swims, 3-4 run, 3-4 bike.

----------------------------------------
http://www.nathanveldhoen.com
http://twitter.com/NateVeldhoen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Average 9 hours per week from spring to now.

Swim 3500 meters/week
Bike 100 miles/week
Run 22 miles/week

53 years old. Top ten in my AG at halfs - 5:03 -5:10 range this year for halfs and qualified for Vegas.

Hope to go under 11:30 at IMAZ with biggest week this year at 11.7 hours.
Last edited by: summitt: Oct 26, 12 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: How many hours do you train weekly on average ? [NateVeldhoen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in my first year of training i am at 5.5 hours/week avg. i am at around the top quarter to top third AG in most of my races (sprints and olys).
i am hoping to bump that up to 7 hours/week for 2013, if my knees can hold up (not doing so hot these days).
Quote Reply
Re: How many hours do you train weekly on average ? [z2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As of tomorrow, weekly average (calculated from all logged workouts in the ST training log/current number of weeks completed this year) is 7.59. Managed to win my first Oly in a time of 2:03:xx. At least 3 complete zero weeks (after the season), some other low low training ones as well. Logged >13hr last week and will probably be up closer to 15hr by Sunday. I'd like to get into consistent weeks of 10hrs or more. Looking back at my summer training I was terribly inconsistent moving from 13hr to 7hr weeks then down to 6hr then back up to 13hr, gotta fix that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8-10? Peak about 15 for my first IM next month....

Job, wife, kids...

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply

Prev Next