Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do you clean your bike shoes?
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to clean my tri shoes or should I just rock the pee soaked shoes?
Quote Reply
Re: How do you clean your bike shoes? [bcoker6885] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dishwasher without heat cycle

Vinegar

Magic Erasure

Those are 3 things I have used successfully to clean cycling shoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
water and paper towels or microfiber rag.. but i dont pee myself.
Last edited by: Yeshrs: Oct 12, 15 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a white pair of LG shoes and after a summer of sweat etc - they looked and smelled- Took a bucket and a cup of OxyClean - and let them soak overnight - ta da back to white- a drop of oil in the speedplay cleats and ready to ride again.

Hope this helps

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bucket, warm water and a small amount of Tide. I put my run shoes in too since their also kinda funky post race. I rinse 2x first time with white vinegar.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bcoker6885 wrote:
Is there a way to clean my tri shoes or should I just rock the pee soaked shoes?

Normally I just wash them in a bucket with warm soapy water (but I don't pee in the. my mother did a better job than that) then rinse several times before air drying

This past weekend my MTB shoes went in the washing machine (like I do almost monthly with my running shoes) along with a few old towels to scrub them. They came out great. Even cleaned out the crud in the allen bolts holding the cleats on. I used a double amount of detergent and about 1/2 cup of Dettol. I might have to take the bolts out and regrease them but maybe I'll just forget.

I air dried them in the sun and they are good to go again.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Washing machine in a pillow case followed by convection oven @ 200 degrees until dry- worked for me although I think they might have shrunk just a bit- which was fine because they were just a bit too big before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never cleaned mine :)

Every once in a while I get caught in the rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sweat a lot so when I come back home from ridding or running I go straight into the shower fully dressed including shoes. Wash the shoes and then put them in a shoe dryer. Drying the shoe right away gets most of the bad odor from the shoes.

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest calling/emailing the manufacturer for care instructions, or maybe there is something online you can find. I was thinking the same thing just last week. Good thing I'm planning on new shoes next season.

This may be a good time (after you wash them), to replace the foot beds as well. They get broken down & lose support, plenty of aftermarket insoles to replace with which are excellent.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you clean your bike shoes? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about getting chain grease off them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've put my Shimano TR60 in the washing machine on "gentle cycle" after they got covered in mud and other filth from a terrible transition zone. They came out all white and looked brand new again!
Quote Reply