Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How can I add cantilever brakes to a non cantilever bike
Quote | Reply
Possibly hose clamps? I'm redoing an older bike to be more aero. Without drilling into the carbon chainstays like maybe a hose clamp with cantilever mounts? Any ideas are welcomed. The new internal cabling with 1/8th aluminum pipe epoxied is holding up to stress with no frays. I'm thinking hose clamps welded with cantilever posts welded and bondo'd for smooth surface is my best bet. Any other ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: How can I add cantilever brakes to a non cantilever bike [Looks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the bleep would you want cantis?

Just buy tririg/magura.
Quote Reply
Re: How can I add cantilever brakes to a non cantilever bike [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Why the bleep would you want cantis?

Just buy tririg/magura.

Re: How can I add cantilever brakes to a non cantilever bike [Looks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brakes would put a ton of stress on the clamps, i suspect the ones on the back would just rotate into the wheel and jam it.

If it's just some bike you plan to use just for tt's get a cheap cromo fork with posts installed already for the front and skip the back brake, it's not required. As others have noted I can't fathom a reason for wanting any post style brakes other than mud clearance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks wrote:
Possibly hose clamps?

Stop. Just no.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pm'd you about the Campy brakes, did you get it?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please don't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply