Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How To Attach Garmin Foot Pod To Shoe?
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

I lost the little plastic part the Garmin snaps into since I used it in the Nike instep slot for a long time.

Anybody have a clever kluge for attaching it to my new HOKA shoes?

I figure I am not the first guy to lose the regular clip to attach it to the shoes so somebody has probably invented a fix by now .....

Right now I am thinking Velcro and a rubber band for extra security …………….

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: How To Attach Garmin Foot Pod To Shoe? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odd..., I don't have a solution, but have the exact same problem due to the same situation.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: How To Attach Garmin Foot Pod To Shoe? [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello nebmot and All,

Reminds me of a short story I read in Japan when I was staying there.

There were many apartments that looked exactly alike.

A man that lived in one came home from work one night ..

He sat it his favorite chair and his wife brought him his tea and slippers and the paper to read.

After a while he asked her how her day had been .....

She was not his wife ..... he had entered the wrong apartment since they all looked alike.

This sameness ate at his thoughts - so being in the construction business he started carrying a few sticks of dynamite in his briefcase .... to be different

2 weeks later while reading the newspaper he noted that there had been a terrible explosion on the subway he usually took home.

One of his neighbors in the apartment was determined to be the cause .... carrying dynamite in his briefcase .... no one was sure why ....

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?17638-Lost-my-Foot-Pod-CLIP

Looks like about $12 for a replacement, but I bet there are plenty of people with burned out pods that would send you the back clip for cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello nebmot and All,

Reminds me of a short story I read in Japan when I was staying there.

There were many apartments that looked exactly alike.

A man that lived in one came home from work one night ..

He sat it his favorite chair and his wife brought him his tea and slippers and the paper to read.

After a while he asked her how her day had been .....

She was not his wife ..... he had entered the wrong apartment since they all looked alike.

This sameness ate at his thoughts - so being in the construction business he started carrying a few sticks of dynamite in his briefcase .... to be different

2 weeks later while reading the newspaper he noted that there had been a terrible explosion on the subway he usually took home.

One of his neighbors in the apartment was determined to be the cause .... carrying dynamite in his briefcase .... no one was sure why ....

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
I would have waited until the next morning to "discover" that it wasn't my wife ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look for a product for the Nike+ chip, for use on non Nike shoes. Nathan made one, but as far as I recall there were quite a few options. A few minutes on Google should see you sorted out. $12 from Gamin sounds okay. I was going to suggest eBay, but only found someone asking $35 for the clip!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nathan Sensor Pocket

http://www.amazon.com/...cm_cr_pr_product_top

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
contact garmin - they might be nice and send you one.

Mine snapped for after I took it off? - no idea how but a few emails later they sent me one.
Quote Reply
Re: How To Attach Garmin Foot Pod To Shoe? [Mr.Pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

Thanks for the tips.

I think I will contact Garmin and maybe buy or make one of those Nathan straps from an old piece of leather.

When I first put on the HOKAs 'Stinson Lite' - they felt weird ..... now my regular shoes feel weird and the HOKAs feel natural.

I like the cushiness of the HOKAs (hopefully good for my knees) but notice I am not quite as stable laterally.

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Aug 1, 14 8:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just put a little square of adhesive velcro on it and tuck it under my laces near the front of the shoe. It stays nicely put as long as the tongue material sticks to velcro at least a bit.

Quote | Reply
Amazon and ebay used to have little silicon ones you could get for under 5 bucks shipped for the nike pods.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here you can find what you need:
http://www.shapeways.com/product/MDQMEBFSG/plastic-clip-for-garmin-foot-pod-sdm4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a spare one, but I'm in the UK and it would probably cost as much to post it as it would to buy a new one!
Quote Reply