Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Home trainers advice
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone!

I am looking to buy a new hometrainer this year, after using for the past year the Tacx Bushido Smart. Im thinking of replacing it with a direct drive home trainer.
I'm looking into different options but still a bit undecided.
I will be using the home trainer a lot, for both short sprint sessions and for long +3 hour sessions, I know I want to be able to see my watts and to use Zwift to make the long rides a bit more entertaining. After looking for a few days online, the 1 home trainer that seems to be a good fit is the Tacx Neo....no surprise there, going to the high end it's usually what you get...
But I was wondering if anyone here knew of any other home trainer that would more or less meet the same requirements but be a bit more "pocket friendly"....if possible!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Home trainers advice [AlbertoLiesa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tacx Flux - take a look at DC Rainmakers review, price point down from Neo, with a lot of the upsides... unless you want to simulate the cobbles.

Another price point down is the Tacx Vortex Smart which is what I use. Not direct drive, but an excellent trainer for the money.
Quote Reply
Re: Home trainers advice [trihard1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at the Cycleops Hammer? it's a couple hundred $$ less and might fit your needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Home trainers advice [AlbertoLiesa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlbertoLiesa wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am looking to buy a new hometrainer this year, after using for the past year the Tacx Bushido Smart. Im thinking of replacing it with a direct drive home trainer.
I'm looking into different options but still a bit undecided.
I will be using the home trainer a lot, for both short sprint sessions and for long +3 hour sessions, I know I want to be able to see my watts and to use Zwift to make the long rides a bit more entertaining. After looking for a few days online, the 1 home trainer that seems to be a good fit is the Tacx Neo....no surprise there, going to the high end it's usually what you get...
But I was wondering if anyone here knew of any other home trainer that would more or less meet the same requirements but be a bit more "pocket friendly"....if possible!

Thanks!

Cycleops Hammer! Direct drive, cheaper than the Neo, still pretty darn quiet, and the deciding thing for me...any issue that comes up and you're dealing with a company in the US (if your not based here this is pointless!) I was going to go with the Tacx Flux but then all the issues started popping up and I didn't want to have to deal with potential international shipping, larger time zone issues when a question arises. It made more sense to me to stick with a company that's close to me.
Quote Reply