Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka to Treadmill
Quote | Reply
Hoka users… I'm loving my Hokas outdoors but finding them a bit much on the treddy. What do you guys use indoors that are forgiving but not Hokas?

"Some guys they just give up living, and start dying little by little piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racin' in the street." Bruce Springsteen
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka to Treadmill [Bigcreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run in my Stinson Tarmac's on the treadmill all the time but never in the Bondi's or Conquests.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka to Treadmill [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run in my Conquests with no problem. Did a 45 minute tempo run yesterday with them on the TM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run in my Hokas all the time on the tread mill. What issues are you having?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka to Treadmill [gshtrisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, happy Hoka runners. Well, I have a balance issue when I run — I drift a bit, mechanical of some sort which I hope to analyze this winter. I love my Stinsons (formerly Bondis before Dexter messed with them) for injury prevention on my 51 year-old bones, but they exacerbate the drifting — and drifting on the treddy isn't good.

So I thought I'd lace up in something a bit less padded hoping I can do some decent tempo runs and keep the muscles toned over the winter. I can probably work with the Stinsons, but am trying out Brooks Ghost 7 now… not Hokas, but not bad. Thought someone might have a go-to alternative.

"Some guys they just give up living, and start dying little by little piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racin' in the street." Bruce Springsteen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
might want to try the cliftons. Still soft, a little less bulky or padded. Still Hokas I love them.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka to Treadmill [abtriboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do the cliftons compare to the stinsons?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cliftons are softer. Similar to Bondi except the sole is not as thick and the shoe material is more svelte. Clifton is incredibly light shoe for what it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my Hokas... Also didn't think it would work at first, but its fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka to Treadmill [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoJohnnyGo wrote:
I use my Hokas... Also didn't think it would work at first, but its fine.

really depends on which Hoka's as the different models vary in outsole, thickness of the cushioning.
Quote Reply