Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka help
Quote | Reply
I have an older pair of Hokas (Bondi 2) and tried to wear them for a while but they give me terrible blisters on the inside arch of my foot. I normally wear Brooks GTS15 but would like to be able to switch to a more cushioned shoe like a Hoka. I rented a Stinson from the local shop and had the same hot spot issue. Any suggestions on a different model?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka help [tomli004] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had that problem on the Clifton 2. My original Cliftons don't cause me any issues, so I loaded up on those when they went on sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair of Constants and they gave me issues too; went back to Asics and no more problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe try using different inserts that don;t rub same spot on arch?

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka help [DrMonkeyhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been running in the Bondi 2--love the plush ride. I want to try the Clifton. What were your impressions of the Clifton and the C2? Differences?

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka help [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zeusrun wrote:
I have been running in the Bondi 2--love the plush ride. I want to try the Clifton. What were your impressions of the Clifton and the C2? Differences?

I love the cliftons! I hate the clifton 2!

Clifton 2 just feels way different, Sole is stiffer, the upper is stiffer. They took a great shoe and made it not great

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It really depends on the shape of your foot.
I have a long, fairly narrow foot - Bondi 3s with both inserts in place are perfect for me. Stinson Tarmacs work too, but not as good (too wide). Huakas were way too narrow even for me.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply