Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ?
Quote | Reply
I can't find the post where someone posted the a comparison of fit volumes for the Bondi, Conquest and Clifton, is it:
Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest?

I don't have a LRS to try on Hoka's, but did but on a Bondi 3 and Clifton when I was on a road trip last month. Didn't like the Bondi 3 feel while running, the Clifton felt a bit snug although felt good running. I've been looking on eBay and sometimes see Conquest's on there and was wondering how it fits in terms of the other two.

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you looking for skinny or wide?

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suffering from Mortons neuroma so less fore foot pressure the better.

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For volume it's Bondi>Conquest>Clifton

For cushioning it's Bondi>Clifton>Conquest

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For more volume, look at the newest offering, just out this month, called the "Constant". Made specifically to try to get all the Altra converts back. I left my Hokas for the ultra cushioned Altra Olympus and have not worn Hokas since (1.5 years ago).

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First off, you can't compare those shoes, they are completely different. If you need more volume swap the standard insole for their low profile insole. If it doesn't come with one, ask the salesperson to find some for you. But make sure you get the shoe that fits your running style and preference. For instance, the conquest provides a lot of stability and fell with its increased stiffness, the Bondi provides max cushioning, and the Clifton is a lightweight trainer/racer that is curved in such a way to set the foot up for quicker toe off in a forward leaning faster paced running style.

The problem with Hoka lately is that all their shoes have gotten narrower (not to mention that terrible Lightweight upper). Not necessarily in volume, but in footprint. The Bondi 2 was one of the best shoes I've worn and I'm still using it with screws to run in the mountains even though its way past its life. It had a nice wide platform that's stable. Now even though the new Bondi 4 has addressed all the issues the Bondi 3 had (a terrible, stiff upper and weird fit and feel to start) it is still a much narrower platform than the original Hokas. I will still, of course, get one eventually because it really is a great shoe (along with a clifton as I'll likely use that for my next Ironman marathon shoe now that I've retired the old Bondi 2), but Altra has definitely got me hooked on their stuff. The zero drop and ultra wide platform (not necessarily volume, I don't have wide feet) with good cushioning feel incredible. The Superior 2 has fast become my favorite shoe (overtaking the Huaka and PureConnect).

All this to say, my shoe addiction has become too much since I started working at a certain large running store in Boulder on the weekends.

-Bryan Journey
Travel Blog | Training Blog | Facebook Page
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [JourneyToGoPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree on the insole. I usually try a few insoles in shoes to find that perfect sweet spot. With my Cliftons, swapping insoles seems to make a larger, more noticeable difference that usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The B3 has more room than the Conquest for sure.

It can't hold a candle to the Altra. I've gotten used to the feel of the Altra and find it hard to go back.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [JourneyToGoPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am new to Hoka's and how the different models fit.

I have a pair of Bondi 3 which I thought were pretty good until I got a pair of Huaka. Now I realize how roomie the Bondi 3 is.
I really like the Huaka both fit and I like the more responsive firm feel. Fit wise, what other Hoka's should I take a look at knowing that I like the Huaka.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka fit volume: Bondi>Conquest>Clifton or Bondi>Clifton>Conquest ? [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Huaka is their narrowest shoe (and also lowest drop at 2mm). The Conquest and Mafate Speed both have some RMAT material which provides that firmer feel. Adding the smaller insole on top of the standard one should give you the tighter fit you are looking for I do this on all my Hokas).

-Bryan Journey
Travel Blog | Training Blog | Facebook Page
Quote Reply