Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka customer support
Quote | Reply
Have the Bondii for long runs on old legs. Bought the Clifton ,same size 11.5 for faster running in Sprint tris. OK with heavy socks . Way too wide with bare feet. Contacted Hoka. Problem is lateral structure on narrow feet. They sent me the Huaka size 11. Perfect! Really comfortable with a nice lacing system included. That's the way to run a business. Excellent shoes for old legs with lots of miles on them at age 75.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka customer support [cttrimd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I had sizing issues when they wend from the Bondi to the Bondi B. Contacted Hoka and in spite of several runs in the Bondi Bs, they sent me a new pair in the right size.

My one experience with their customer support had me very favorably impressed.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My one experience with their customer support had me very favorably impressed.
-----------
X2

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Hoka customer support [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did they make you pay for the return shipping?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on my 4th set of HOKA. All around I have been very happy with them.

I picked up a pair of Stintson's as a cushioned running shoe to allow me to get back to running while recovering from a foot injury. I figured I would use them for low mileage, low speed runs while recovering and when 100% I would go back to my old standbys ( Altra Instinct 3.0 and Saucany Kniarva 5 for longer runs and races on pavement and Newton Mv2 for short course races and NB MT 110s for trail running)

I found I really like running in the HOKAS. I picked up a pair of the now discontinued Rapa Nui 2 road shoes and they became my 70.3 and up race distance shoe. I ran my way through 2 pairs of these.

I Picked up a pair of BONDI 3 and found they required a little more breaking in than I would have liked. The mouth of the shoe was kinda hard against my ankle. I ended up using tape under my sock to stop my skin from getting chafed badly until it softened up after about 100 miles of running in them.

I figured I would try the Clifton as a race day shoe to replace the now defunct Rapa Nui 2. I was super impressed with the lightness and the ability to absorb shock with the Clifton. BUT once I ran beyond 7 miles in them the left one would start producing a blister behind the ball of my foot. The right one would cause discomfort on my outside toes (little and the next one) I have been running my whole life and I know how to take care of my feet and use good socks. I haven't had a blister on one of my feet from running in decades. BUT.... I figured they just needed to maybe "break in" I was so happy with my previous Hoka experiences that I allowed this to cloud my better judgment. I took it slow and used them for shorter runs 5 to 7 miles to try save them for race days. NEVER AGAIN

I probably have just over 300 miles on them TOTAL. Limited training miles, one Marathon in May and a 70.3 I just did on June 20th. Now I have them "broken in" and they feel good on my feet BUT but after looking at them after finishing a 70.3 the sole is just about shredded. FYI I am no tiny guy (5 foot 10 and 178lbs) BUT I have good running form, I usually wear out a shoes upper way before the sole is worn down to nothing.

I think I may still keep a pair of HOKAS in my rotation for long slow distance and recovery day shoes. Maybe a a Stintson Light or a Conquest, BUT I think for race day I am back in Saucany's.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka customer support [baldiesrt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sent me a return label.
Quote Reply