Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka clayton vs tracer
Quote | Reply
I run in a clifton when running long or running on the road. Use the Clayton for treadmill running and racing. Has anyone made the switch from the Clayton to the Tracer for racing or training? If so thoughts.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka clayton vs tracer [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are photos and thread from last year. In short, the Tracer fits like a racing fit-snug and is unlike other Hoka one running shoes. Also, the Tracer is a semi-curved last which differs from other Hoka One running shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feels like the Tracer runs a 1/2-size smaller than the Clayton (I'm a size 12). I do all of my runs (outdoor, treadmill, 50-120 minute aerobic and some tempo) in the Clayton and like them a lot. I used to run in Brooks Pure Connect (and still would rotate through these hadn't they been discontinued). I just did a treadmill speed workout in the Tracer and instantly felt a slight big toe pressure due to not enough length. I think going with an ultra-thin sock will help with that shoe length issue. The Tracer's overall shape is more of a traditional shoe fit all around whereas the Clayton's look like miniature snow/clown shoes. Surprisingly, the Clayton isn't that much heavier than the Tracer (or that they didn't make the Tracer lighter). My usual racing flat is the On Cloudracer and doubt that the Tracer will replace that for me. I'm still looking for a lighter racing flat in the 5.5-6.5oz to replace the On for 2M to 1/2-mary distances.
--

Straightenin' the curves; Flattenin' the hills
------------------------------------------------------------
Coached by Mike Plumb @ TriPower MultiSports
https://www.strava.com/athletes/1149072 - https://www.instagram.com/thoswoods/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the Clayton for racing multiple 70.3 races. I love the shoe! I also have raced half marathons in the Tracer and did not like it as much as the Clayton. The Tracer is light, but hard as a rock and I also train in the Clifton so going from cushy clouds to a rock hard racing shoe was not good for me. I also could not forget about my shoes when I was in the Tracer. I feel like Clayton is one of the best shoes out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka clayton vs tracer [Schwcl2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So in conclusion between the slight sizing difference and based on what your saying sounds like i will just be sticking with Clayton in Galveston and IMTX! Thanks for advice.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair of Claytons. Had been doing tempo/speed work in clifton 3 & recovery runs in bondi 5s. I love all of them. The Clayton looks to be a great racing shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka clayton vs tracer [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh totally i switched from mainly running in the clifton to the clayton, love the clayton. Took me about 2-3 weeks to get used to it.

Quote Reply