Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe
Quote | Reply
Was wondering if there has been any rumors of Hoka releasing a true triathlon specific shoe. By triathlon specific I'm looking for something like the Clifton but with the following as well:

1. sockless wear
2. speed laces
3. easier tongue setup to get shoe on

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stay tuned.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And a toe box with some volume. Please!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

Try out the Skechers Go Meb Speed 3, sockless and even comes with elastic laces! And has a great toe box unlike all of the Hoka's which have steadily decreased the size of their toe box and lied about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Try out the Skechers Go Meb Speed 3, sockless and even comes with elastic laces! And has a great toe box unlike all of the Hoka's which have steadily decreased the size of their toe box and lied about it.

Funny you say that, I got a pair last week. Wonderful shoes but didn't work for me as there's some sort of support that's mid-foot lateral that irritates me :/ Otherwise, awesome shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
isnt this what the conquest is?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced a sprint in my Cliftons on Saturday for the first time and loved them. No socks, put my own elastic laces in and had no issues. My feet are pretty standard so no issues with toe box here. The tongue could be a little longer but again, no real issues slipping them on. Loved racing in them and think they will be perfect for longer distances 10k+.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One other requirement - shoe colors that don't take their inspiration from a box of Fruit Loops. I just bought a pair of INOV-8 XTreme Tri 275 ... a British shoe ... simply because they were black and red. I'm sick of anything with lime green, neon orange, pastel blue, etc. By the way, my INOV-8 came with the speed laces already in them...regular laces were in the box for those that wanted them. The drain holes port to the side of the shoe instead of the bottom. Pull strap on the back. Etc.

HOKA ... are you listening?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do have Clifton in blue, red and gray. Agreed that fruitloop colors are dumb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double agree on the color scheme issue with Hoka. The only one I semi (emphasis on the Semi) like is the Challenger ATR in black/burnt orange. Another thing in terms of style in my opinion is the visible maximal cushioning. Is it weird to want the maximal cushioning but have it look like normal running shoes? My personal favorite in terms of style are the New Balance MT101s.. I just wish they had the benefits of maximal cushioning instead of minimal because of some ankle issues I have.

"Who cares if you're in pain...no one else does" - Ryan Lochte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about they make a damn wide size already...
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [godaddygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
godaddygo wrote:

SPOT ON!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [godaddygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
godaddygo wrote:
Well the wide would only be a true mid width size as the current "mid" is more a narrow width size. Have to extra wide to get a wide!

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmacandcheese wrote:
godaddygo wrote:
Well the wide would only be a true mid width size as the current "mid" is more a narrow width size. Have to extra wide to get a wide!

Seriously. I tried to squeeze in a clifton and wasn't sure I would get my foot back out! I have the Bondi 3 and they give me *just* enough room for around 10-12 miles but then really agitates my wide foot (I wear a 2E in most everything). Mistakenly wore them for a marathon and got quarter sized incidental blisters in the inside of my feet.

I like them, but I won't buy another pair until they widen up the toe box or come up with some 2E sizing. It blows my mind how many complaints they get for being too narrow, yet just keep pumping out more models in the same foot bed mold.
Last edited by: godaddygo: Apr 22, 15 12:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
isnt this what the conquest is?
Did you mean the Constant? Still not quite there at 10.7 oz.

Make this light like the Clifton that will fit my normal D width foot without squeezing it, than I may spring for it. I need to see if the LRS has the Constant. I heard they finally broke down and started carrying some of the Hoka line after telling me last year that they "would never sell that shoe"!

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:
Was wondering if there has been any rumors of Hoka releasing a true triathlon specific shoe. By triathlon specific I'm looking for something like the Clifton but with the following as well:

1. sockless wear
2. speed laces
3. easier tongue setup to get shoe on

Thanks.
4. drainage holes.

I train and race in FL, always a chance for rain!

Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where was the red & black pair when I got my last pair of Cliftons! The other one has orange - fail.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not drill a hole in the sole?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vikingmd wrote:
Why not drill a hole in the sole?

I have heard that people do this. What size drill bit do you use and where is the best place to drill a hole or holes?

Sponsored By Jack and Adams Bicycles
Austin, TX
http://www.jackandadams.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dan,

Given that a few people have mentioned the toe box, of lack thereof in Hokas, in this thread. I was just wondering if you know if Hoka are aware of the complaints about it and have any plans to correct it? I love my Hokas and haven't ran in anything else since I came across them but I suffer along with everyone else with the narrow toe boxes.

If I can find something else as 'squishy' as Hokas I'd switch. But every other maximalist shoe I've tried are to firm for me. Though I do have yet to try Altra Paradigms... I cannot seem to locate them in the ATL to give them a whirl. But most say they are more firm than Hokas as well.

Thanks for any insight you can give.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I was just wondering if you know if Hoka are aware of the complaints about it and have any plans to correct it?"

this is the first i've heard of it. (this thread, that is.) i don't have that issue. i've never heard of that complaint prior to this thread. i hope they do NOT widen the toe box, because they did in the bondi 3 and for me and a lot of others it was a disaster.

as to your complaint, i guess i'd like to know a little more about it. what shoe specifically? because, i could see that as a valid complaint in the conquest.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Apr 22, 15 16:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would disagree. I would say just about every post on this forum related to Hokas has members calling out the fact they run narrow.

Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Triathlon Specific Shoe [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but, again, which shoe? the stinson? that's too wide for me. bondi 3? way to wide for me. conquest? a bit narrow for me. bondi? clifton? just right. so i think it would be helpful to know what shoes are the narrow ones according to those who want a wider forefoot.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next