Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka Mafate 3 or 4 equivalent for road
Quote | Reply
I've got a Mafate 3 that, after about 500 miles, is ready to be retired. I have no real issue buying another Mafate 3, but I would prefer to get a road version of the shoe. Is there one that exists?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Mafate 3 or 4 equivalent for road [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for morning crowd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bondi 4.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Mafate 3 or 4 equivalent for road [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought of that shoe, but when I tested it (to be fair, it was the Bondi 3 I think), it wasn't anywhere near as comfortable for me than the Mafate 3. and the bottom of the shoe wasn't as 'bombproof' as the mafate....at least that's my recollection. I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 4 has a padded tongue, so a bit more comfortable than the 3.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None of Hoka's road shoes have anything even remotely resembling bombproof bottoms. Every time I get a new pair I also buy a tube of ShoeGoo and start using it right away. I love their shoes but the wear of the soles leaves a lot to be desired. My next pair is going to be one of their off-road shoes to see if they do any better on the road. Stick with the Mafate 3 if you can still get it. If not, try one of the other trail models with midsole specs similar to the Mafate.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Mafate 3 or 4 equivalent for road [CrankyNeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CrankyNeck wrote:
None of Hoka's road shoes have anything even remotely resembling bombproof bottoms. Every time I get a new pair I also buy a tube of ShoeGoo and start using it right away. I love their shoes but the wear of the soles leaves a lot to be desired. My next pair is going to be one of their off-road shoes to see if they do any better on the road. Stick with the Mafate 3 if you can still get it. If not, try one of the other trail models with midsole specs similar to the Mafate.

what shoe has a midsole similar to the M-3?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In their current lineup, the Stinson 3 ATR comes closest. I've been using the road versions of the Stinson and other than the quick outsole wear, I love it. My next pair will be the Stinson ATRs. If you can try a pair on somewhere, do so and see what you think.
Quote Reply