Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Hoka Clifton 3 is here
Quote | Reply
Just stop by my local running store to pickup their 1st pair. The toe box is definitely bigger and upper is quite different from 1 and 2. Good news is the Cushion feels the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good. I've been hoarding Clifton 1 because 2 didn't work for me. At all. Felt like a different shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 has its own problem. The upper is not nearly as breathable as 1 or 2. It has a winter running shoe sort of feeling. Maybe it is just too hot out there today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It can't be any worse than Clifton 2. Good riddance to that shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sure hope it's not. I've been scouring the internet for more 1's in my size and I'm pretty much SOL.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't have this feeling with the Clifton 2 at all. What exactly did you feel was different about it? I'm curious to know.

I've run in the shoe and it's great. The toebox is really comfortable allowing for a wider splay, and it's also less tapered at the front. It also feels like the footbed is a little set down into the sole, kind of like the Clayton. Definitely a really good sequential update from the 1 & 2.

http://www.josh-amberger.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [DrMonkeyhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I randomly found a 9.5 in the 1 last week. I'll have a stock to 2 in rotation and 2 spares. Maybe the 4 will be the magic Clifton if the 3 doesn't live up to the original.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uva0224 wrote:
Just stop by my local running store to pickup their 1st pair. The toe box is definitely bigger and upper is quite different from 1 and 2. Good news is the Cushion feels the same.

Which store?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The running store in tax free Greenville Delaware. 130 a pair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None in Denver yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a phone number? Google only shows the Delaware Running Company ...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been able to take advantage of everyone's dislike of the C2. It works great for me and I've been able to pick up some really good deals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw, your store got them real early. They don't launch till July 1st.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [Kellermanns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the Delaware running company. Google is correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I've been able to take advantage of everyone's dislike of the C2. It works great for me and I've been able to pick up some really good deals.

I still have my pair of the C2 but I can only use them for up to five miles before they start killing both sides of my feet. So, I don't hate them, but they have limited utility. I'm glad they worked well for you.

I noticed that the first ads for the C3 were highlighting their wider toebox, so I'll buy a pair from a place with a liberal return policy, like Roadrunner Sports, in case I have the same issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a chance to try the Clifton 3 in size 11 today. Overall, it feels like it is about 1/4 size too small for the size label. It really felt like a 10.75'sh. I suggest with a mid-weight sock (used balega), that you go up a half size. My big toe (the slightly longer foot), was rubbing at the end. They were out of 11.5's, but the feel was good. Light, well cushioned & not an energy dispersing feel like I had in the Zoot Ali'i. Not sure if it was the rocker style sole that made it feel more snappy than the Zoot. Certainly not close to an Adidas or Asics, but better than the Zoot. The shoe overall felt narrow side to side but volume in the toe box height was better than Clifton 2.

Tried on the Asics DynaFlyte, which has natural fibers (not sure if that means you can smoke them or not--or what kind of fibers they're made of), but that is a fantastic feel for a ride. Seems like a great training shoe or Ironman Race shoe if you're needing more cushion than the DS Racer. Although the DS Trainer is slightly lighter, the upper doesn't stretch quite as much as the Dyna Flyte.

Our store was sold out of 11.5's so I'll have to wait to see how that goes in a week or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair yesterday (in Australia) and they felt ever so slightly wider than the previous versions. I have wide feet and have to buy size 11.5 in the Hokas as opposed the the normal 10.5 in Newtons.

I ran in them today and they felt good with thin socks. I did replace the insole with a more cushioned one but only because my left knee is stuffed and I need all the cushioning I can get. I will put the original insole in for race day (70.3 worlds).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

yep, i picked up 2 pairs of clifton 2 today for $75 a pair. I am waiting on my shop to get the 3's in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

I like the C2 also, where did you find the desals?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack rabbit dot com has for 90 plus use a code for another 32 off so I paid 58 for the Clifton 2. I forgot the code. Try their Facebook page for it.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [syrwxman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer..... Only had size 8 left.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Click on other colors. Many sizes left.
In Reply To:

Primum Non Nocere, except to Kempy!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [syrwxman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
syrwxman wrote:
Jack rabbit dot com has for 90 plus use a code for another 32 off so I paid 58 for the Clifton 2. I forgot the code. Try their Facebook page for it.
In Reply To:

The code is clifton2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uva0224 wrote:

If the owners of Hoka are true to form they'll mess up the Clifton as bad as they did the Stinson. I can no longer run in Stinson's at all. Still able to in the Bondi's but they're due for an overhaul next. Too bad, I thought they were a great shoe brand soon it'll be back to the elusive running shoe search.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 3 is here [KonaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KonaCoffee wrote:
uva0224 wrote:

If the owners of Hoka are true to form they'll mess up the Clifton as bad as they did the Stinson. I can no longer run in Stinson's at all. Still able to in the Bondi's but they're due for an overhaul next. Too bad, I thought they were a great shoe brand soon it'll be back to the elusive running shoe search.

or screw up the insoles ala Clayton Blistergate
Quote Reply

Prev Next