Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hit by car, returning to training....now with power question
Quote | Reply
I have a question for you guys regarding when I should do my first FTP test. Here's some back story:

On Dec. 24th 2014 I got hit by a car while going out for a ride. No major injuries just a possible torn rotator cuff which I am waiting upon the MRI results. I have almost full mobility just hurts when I do over head motion with my arm like swimming. With the insurance money to fix the bike I got it all fixed up and had room for a power meter as well. I am looking to return to riding next week.

That being said I have done literally zero training of any kind since the accident, about a month now. I feel very out of shape from where I was and am going to take it slow. I am new to training with power and I know I want to do an FTP test. I was wondering if I should bother doing it now, at pretty much my rock bottom, or ride for a couple of weeks not really even paying attention to power or anything and then give it a shot. Or does it even matter....

I will most likely do the FTP test on the trainer, unless someone knows a good route for a 20 min test in or near Santa Rosa, CA

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hit by car, returning to training....now with power question [RunningRiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ride for a few weeks to a month then test.

Just ride and download your data. Look it over, think about where you are/are not producing power compared to the routes you ride. That will teach you a lot.

It's pretty stupid to test when you've been doing almost no cycling. Your power levels will be off pretty quickly.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply