Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: High Speed Wobble w/Aero Wheels [gatitude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

While completely counter-intuitive, relax your grip, grap the top tube with your knees and unweight the saddle. It will go away. Very unlikely caused by the wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: High Speed Wobble w/Aero Wheels [Sasquatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sasquatch wrote:
+1

While completely counter-intuitive, relax your grip, grap the top tube with your knees and unweight the saddle. It will go away. Very unlikely caused by the wheels.

Ok, just because I'm not one of the cool kids does unweight the saddle mean stand up out of the saddle or some such?
Quote Reply
Re: High Speed Wobble w/Aero Wheels [tritiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does this happen both when you are pedaling and when you're not?

http://cds-0.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: High Speed Wobble w/Aero Wheels [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not so much standing up but just using your legs to give some suspendsion/shock absorbtion. from the side it should look any didfferent that seated, but you don't have much weight on the saddle although you may be touching it. From my experience standing during speed wobble can be bad, you move your center of gravity higher which makes control worse.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: High Speed Wobble w/Aero Wheels [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody feels too cool with a high speed wobble. slide forward onto the nose of your saddle a bit and that should take care of it. Your really just changing the weight distribution on your bike.
Quote Reply
Re: High Speed Wobble w/Aero Wheels [tritiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you running sealant in the wobbly wheels? My training partner started getting speed wobbles exactly as you describe. After several weekends of this he got a flat and we noticed that in a section of his tire/tube the sealant had congealed into a very solid ball where he had apparently had a leak. These were clinchers and after a tube replacement the wobbles were gone for good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next