Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with new wetsuit
Quote | Reply
Hi. Ran into a small problem today. I came to the sad conclusion that my three yeara old orca s4 has seen its last race. A combination of lots of ows sessions, a worn suit and a 3kg lower raceweight turned it from"works fine" to"help i'm drowning in my suit". It also occasionally opens at the neck, and I can't have that happening during my a-race.

I'm 2 weeks out of my a race and my options are sadly kinda limited. I'm an ok swimmer, about 30min for HIM swim, 21-22 oly and 10:30-11 sprint. I wanted to get a mid-top range suit for next season but I guess I have to make that purchase now. I found an orca 3.8 2014 for 25% off. Couldn't find any good reviews. Is it a big disadvantage to have all that extra buoyancy? I think my position is ok, but I'm a two-beat kicker and I guess the heavy cycling has caused my legs to sink a bit. I just don't want to loose my stroke due to all the fancy float-pads that I don't really know if I need.

The other option i was looking at is the sailfish attack. It takes a bit longer to get, and i don't get to try it before it's too late to change my mind. There are other brands like head, 2xu and aqua sphere, but these have the same issue as the sailfish attack and have to be ordered.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with new wetsuit [jpanula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just check DeSoto's Black Pearl suits if you want something more "economical". I'd challenge you to find a bad review of any DeSoto product and the owner/founder/former pro triathlete Emilio is a regular on this forum.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help with new wetsuit [jpanula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If greater floatation is not a concern for you, you might not need the 3.8. Our Predator or Sonar wetsuits are the combination of moderate float and has flexibility built in with different constructions that reflect the different price points.

I hope that helps.

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply