Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with front derailleur DA7900 for qring 54/39 bmc tm02 no work
Quote | Reply

Hello
Could you please tell me what derailleur would work?
Qring 54/39

I have a DA 7900 and in the 39 I drag the chain.
I have it on the big chainring that works well, but I need the little one to train.

Many climbs
Rear is DA 11/21

Very very thanks
Rafael

sorry for my english
Last edited by: warlockuy: Jun 11, 17 9:27
Quote Reply
Re: Help with front derailleur for qring 54/39 bmc tm02 [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picture
Please tell me deraullier 6603 ir 6703 ultegra work ??

Please help
Buy inner 42 ?
Buy 6603 6703 or ???
Last edited by: warlockuy: Jun 11, 17 9:26
Quote Reply
Re: Help with front derailleur for qring 54/39 bmc tm02 [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6603 and 6703 would mean that they are made for triple chainrings.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with front derailleur for qring 54/39 bmc tm02 [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
6603 and 6703 would mean that they are made for triple chainrings.

Very thanks

Tes is for triple
But suport 20t

The movement is not the same? If not which model could serve why the difference is large, at the top is 56 the approximate size, with a 39 there is a difference of 19t

39 is qring , in the top 41
In the lower part it is less than 39 its size
If it is not so can correct me, although I put them together with a round 39 and more or less calculation that

Sorry for Google translator

Very very thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You probably just need a rotor derailleur shim. From memory there are 2 types: one moves the whole derailleur backwards. The other in angled.

e.g.
https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Rotor/Front-Derailleur-Extension-Kit/3HKY
Quote Reply
Re: Help with front derailleur for qring 54/39 bmc tm02 [Bad Ash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad Ash wrote:
You probably just need a rotor derailleur shim. From memory there are 2 types: one moves the whole derailleur backwards. The other in angled.

e.g.

Hi very very thanks
I buy one kit qxl deraullier shim
Very very thanks
Rafael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warlockuy wrote:
Bad Ash wrote:

e.g.

Hi very very thanks
I buy one kit qxl deraullier shim
Very very thanks
Rafael

Bad Ash is probably right. I called up Rotor Friday to talk about compatibility issues. All they wanted to talk about was cranks. They have 2 pdfs you can download re. crank compatibility, and old document and a newer one. Altho the Rotor guy didn't explicitly say so, the impression I got is that derailleur compatibility wasn't an issue for them, they only wanted to talk about cranksets.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Help with front derailleur for qring 54/39 bmc tm02 [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of "the simplest solution is the best."

Isn't the front derailleur simply too high? It is hard for me to tell for sure from the pictures.

I use qxl's and during setup the derailleur is just barely above the big ring, as close as I can get it without scraping the teeth while riding. Obviously, given the oval shape they move up and down within the derailleur therefore if it is a little high the chain will rub on the bottom. If the derailleur is a little low it will jam up and do odd things when you shift and it hits the big ring teeth. It needs to be goldilocks.

Also, I used the thin shim with the speed concept but none with the road bike. I don't think I need it on the SC but that was the first setup I did so I've just never bothered to remove it.

Other than the requirement to ensure proper setup I haven't had any issue with 6800 and qxl or qrings.

-Rekabdot

Disclaimer:I'm a self taught wrench so your mileage may vary and everything I say is likely incorrect.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with front derailleur for qring 54/39 bmc tm02 [RekabDot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RekabDot wrote:
I'm a big fan of "the simplest solution is the best."

Isn't the front derailleur simply too high? It is hard for me to tell for sure from the pictures.

I use qxl's and during setup the derailleur is just barely above the big ring, as close as I can get it without scraping the teeth while riding. Obviously, given the oval shape they move up and down within the derailleur therefore if it is a little high the chain will rub on the bottom. If the derailleur is a little low it will jam up and do odd things when you shift and it hits the big ring teeth. It needs to be goldilocks.

Also, I used the thin shim with the speed concept but none with the road bike. I don't think I need it on the SC but that was the first setup I did so I've just never bothered to remove it.

Other than the requirement to ensure proper setup I haven't had any issue with 6800 and qxl or qrings.

-Rekabdot

Disclaimer:I'm a self taught wrench so your mileage may vary and everything I say is likely incorrect.

I probably should have said in my post (I was in a rush to post before going to bed) but I also own a TM02 and had to use the shim. I had the derailleur as low as it could go and still work to get in the big ring and it was nowhere near close to avoiding the chain rub in the small ring. I guess this is where things like seat tube angle etc. have an effect.

My own experience with QXL rings was short lived, I pent a long time tinkering trying to get it to work but I still found the shifting to be too unreliable. The micro seconds I might have saved in watts were more than offset by the time I spent fixing dropped chains.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with front derailleur for qring 54/39 bmc tm02 [Bad Ash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very very thanks
i buy qxl spacer

""FRONT MECH EXTENSION KIT (QXL BRACKET)""

very thanks from uruguay :)

Quote Reply