Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with bike fit
Quote | Reply
I have seen a bunch of others reach out and ask for help, so i figured i would try. Have a 70.3 race in six weeks and trying to tweak my bike fit for more comfort.

hoping you guys could take a look and give me some advice or pointers. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by: bjklemmer: Aug 6, 17 13:37
Quote Reply
Re: Help with bike fit [bjklemmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your invisibility is hampering your ability to get aero......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bjklemmer wrote:
I have seen a bunch of others reach out and ask for help, so i figured i would try. Have a 70.3 race in six weeks and trying to tweak my bike fit for more comfort.
Six weeks out from the event, I wouldn't do much. Maybe drop the cockpit 1 cm and move the armpads forward 1 cm.

Beyond the race, there are more things that I think would be of benefit. What saddle are you riding?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Help with bike fit [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently am riding a Selle SMP Extra. I actually just put raised the cockpit 1 cm based on recent rides and not feeling comfortable. Thanks for the feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bjklemmer wrote:
I currently am riding a Selle SMP Extra. I actually just put raised the cockpit 1 cm based on recent rides and not feeling comfortable. Thanks for the feedback.
definitely should look at a different saddle as well, you need to come forward quite a bit (and thecockpit should be moved forward to match).

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you do want to be comfortable but i would be very careful with adjustments 6wks out from a race. even the smallest can make big differences, and new aches/pains can arise during the ride on race day. dont ask me how i know =]
Quote Reply
Re: Help with bike fit [jayz2949] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. I actually moved it up because I wasn't feeling like I had good control. I also moved the seat forward a bit, based on the feedback from here. I am still not crazy about my saddle, but i think it is too late to try something new. I will have to wait until after the race.

I am curious about suggestions for after the race, what i can do to get better and faster from a fit perspective.
Quote Reply