Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with Garmin data file edit from 910xt
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I am looking to see if anyone knows how i can edit the transition start and stop times from a multisport setup on the garmin 910. I did my very first race today which was a duathlon, specifically the Pelican Man in Chalmette. The race was a 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, and 2 mile run. I was recording the transitions during this event. When i went from run to bike i started it at the right time. I guess i got a little excited and forgot to stop it until i was about 300 yards out of the transition. Same thing when i went from bike to run. I am looking to see if there is anyway to modify the data so it will displace the time associated with actually leaving the transition zones.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Garmin data file edit from 910xt [mudhog79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi - I need pretty much the same thing. I did a sprint tri on the weekend and no matter how many times I hit "Lap" on my 910XT when I came out of the water, it still though I was swimming. So I have the right overall times, I just need to adjust where the transitions were.

Thanks! Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Garmin data file edit from 910xt [lmcpaga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can open the TCX files in Excel. (Open as XML table.) TCX files are really XML. Each row represents your lat/long position at a given moment in time, with other data in the rows such as speed HR and the sport. Sport is typically first column (column A). Changing the sport in the rows that represent your 300y should be easy but you'd also need to change some of the time stamps too. It'd be a lot of tricky work unless you do this kind of data analysis for a living. You can easily end up with inconsistent data.

Frankly you'd be wasting time on this. Take a look at the official race results and if they jive with what you think your watch should say (they will) then it's all good. Accept the time from race results. Analyzing one race isn't that important, and besides the data is still useful even if the lap was pressed slightly late.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Garmin data file edit from 910xt [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dilbert

Connect is not offering TCX as a download format - only "Original Format" (fit file). TCX option is greyed out.

True, the race website offers full details that make sense for the swim, bike and run, even transition times. It just is disappointing in the sense that it's the first triathlon I've ever managed a respectable swim in (3rd overall), and the slightly-late change over incorporated about 5k of my cycle as part of my swim. I bought the watch specifically for these races and it was a big let down I'd still like to see if I can fix it.

Still, thanks for the information, much appreciated.
Quote Reply