Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me choose a wheelset
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering changing my wheelset due to a few reasons, mainly crap braking and tubular tires (I get a ridiculous amount punctures).
My current wheels are planet x 82/101 tubular (older version of this: http://www.planetx.co.uk/...rbon-82-101-wheelset) on a cervelo P3.

I'm now looking to change to something else, my budget is not great and the main requirements are aero and non carbon braking.
I was looking at the Fulcrum Racing Quattro which seems to be a decent choice but I'm not really an expert on wheels...

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations that would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a wheelset [Vanhal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flo 60/90 combo. You'd even have enough left over to get a wheel cover if you choose. That set up would run you roughly $900 or so, but you'd have to sign up for their pre-order. If you're ok with the hassle, they're decent wheels at a nice price. And yes, aluminum brake track.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden Enve and Reynolds a fair amount. Between the two, I was shocked at how poor the Enve rim's were in braking terms compared to the Reynolds, especially as going in I thought the Enve's would be awesome...

Reynolds' carbon rims have consistently good braking action and behave okay in the wet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a wheelset [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
I've ridden Enve and Reynolds a fair amount. Between the two, I was shocked at how poor the Enve rim's were in braking terms compared to the Reynolds, especially as going in I thought the Enve's would be awesome...

Reynolds' carbon rims have consistently good braking action and behave okay in the wet.

What ENVEs did you ride? My 6.7s and 8.9s brake awesome. Almost as well as the Easton EA50s I had prior. Meanwhile my friend had nothing but complaints about his Reynolds in the braking category.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a wheelset [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:

These were the last set I rode. In the wet they were not on par with the Reynolds braking track - in my opinion. Just one man's opinion...
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a wheelset [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would add the Swiss Side Hadron to that list.
Quote Reply