Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me choose a new bike!
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Currently riding a kestrel talon, 55cm about 4 or 5 years old. I'm comfortable on it. I mainly race long course, and most of the terrain I race is rolling hills. I'd like to spend around 3-5G.
Local bike shops are limited, the local tri shop doesn't know what it's doing, the bike shops have limited tt bikes, another bike shop is okay, but will simply sell me whatever they have.

Ideally, would like to have someone fit me and recommend bike best suited for my fit, but that's likely not going to happen around here. any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a new bike! [kell0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kell0 wrote:
Hi all,

Currently riding a kestrel talon, 55cm about 4 or 5 years old. I'm comfortable on it. I mainly race long course, and most of the terrain I race is rolling hills. I'd like to spend around 3-5G.
Local bike shops are limited, the local tri shop doesn't know what it's doing, the bike shops have limited tt bikes, another bike shop is okay, but will simply sell me whatever they have.

Ideally, would like to have someone fit me and recommend bike best suited for my fit, but that's likely not going to happen around here. any suggestions?

You have the best answer right there, but if you can't get the fit sorted out before buying, you may just end up wasting, or being suboptimal with the $3-5k that you've got ready for the changeover.
( I listened to the bike shop & bought a QR in a Large. Exactly 52 weeks later after a Retul, I bought a P3 in an XL 61cm )

Until very recently, I have not been a Cervelo fan, but as you can see, I've recently got one.
If the sizing is right, I can't for the life of me see any reason to go past a P3, or even a P2

one of lifes treasures is buying a new bike.... enjoy the momet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick the bike with the pretties paint job, the rest will fall in place =)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried checking ST for a fitter near you? How is your talon setup(saddle fore/aft, spacers, stem up or down)? Unfortunately the talon as a tweener bike isn't a great indication of what size or style of tri bike to go with.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a new bike! [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also meant to say, there are few bad bikes in that price point from the major players(cervelo, trek, spec, qr). After fit, Let ease of wrenching, integration, value, and of course you subjectivity guide you.
Quote Reply