Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help for stage dash , elemnt , elemnt bolt , garmin 520
Quote | Reply
Hello
Could you help me select one of these computers?
I currently have a 520 but the battery is no longer lasting, and it is time to decide again.

I train 3 to 5 hours a day. everyday.
I use it just to train.
I use crono bike and road bike
I need to be able to carry complex trainings.
Complexes I tell you are not easy to keep in memory.
I use power and hear rate, cadence.
I like to see the data on the screen.
Use training peak and strava
I'm not from the segments or those things.
It's for training.

What would you recommend?
I was decided by the stage dash, but after reading in this forum I had doubts.

It does not bother me to have to pay monthly if it's worth it to have all the function example stage link.

Thank you very much

P.D: in my country I do not have a shop to be able to see them in person, I have to buy them online, so I ask for help, so I can decide which without being able to have them in my hands.
Thank you

Sorry my english
Last edited by: warlockuy: Sep 27, 17 11:55
Quote Reply
Re: Help for stage dash , elemnt , elemnt bolt , garmin 520 [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your current 520 does what you need, I would just get another one. The battery typically lasts a very long time, so yours may have simply gone bad. It seems like a solid 520 should give you three days worth of workouts between a recharge. My battery seems to last forever, but most of my workouts are 60 - 90 minutes.

The other popular option with about the same battery life and price is the Wahoo Bolt, but I have not seen one of those first-hand.
Quote Reply
Re: Help for stage dash , elemnt , elemnt bolt , garmin 520 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very very thanks
my 520, the battery lasted to him, but already it has much punishment, and the battery every time lasts less.

that's why I'm looking for opinions to know which one to buy
Quote Reply
Re: Help for stage dash , elemnt , elemnt bolt , garmin 520 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about some of the lezyne bike computers? their battery life is pretty good and their prices are good.
Quote Reply
Re: Help for stage dash , elemnt , elemnt bolt , garmin 520 [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you contacted Garmin support about getting a refurbished replacement for your 520 ?

This would probably be the cheaper option.

Check out dcrainmaker.com for in depth reviews on the product's.
Quote Reply
Re: Help for stage dash , elemnt , elemnt bolt , garmin 520 [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
I had one, and I thought it very basic
I like to load structured workouts
and have several data on the screen that I use for training
Quote Reply
Re: Help for stage dash , elemnt , elemnt bolt , garmin 520 [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my country I do not have how to do it
At this moment I get the same thing a new 520 bolt and a dash stage
that's why it was the question
the expense is the same
but I saw some more complete functions for training in the dash stage
How to read on the screen the work of the next lap

very thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found that the default setting on the backlight (60%) for the 520 to be a big battery drainer. I've dropped it down to 10% on mine and I can't tell a big difference visually on the screen, but it greatly improved the battery life. A couple of rides ago I got the "low battery" warning, but it continued to live for another 3 hours and still had some juice when I was done.
Quote Reply
Re: Help for stage dash , elemnt , elemnt bolt , garmin 520 [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
What the battery is for the use you already have
I bought it when they first came out.
has a good use already, many km
I have it in 0% day and night 20%
Quote Reply