Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help choose my next race wheels
Quote | Reply
I've been a PT user for the last couple of years but recently got a Quarq (thanks ST!) and the appropriate BB's/adapters to switch back and forth between bikes.

My mainstay race wheels for the last few seasons have been HED Jet 6's (thanks ST!) with a PT hub. Love 'em, been absolutely reliable, just a bit portly. Use them for almost all road races and TT's with a cover. A large portion of my road season happens in really crappy weather so the aluminum brake track is a must for me. I have a set of 38mm carbon clinchers to fill in the lighter weight part of the arsenal but they are a no-go when it is wet.

Trying to figure out my best option to unload my PT wheel going forward:
- Sell rear PT wheel only and try to get a rear Jet 6 to match my existing front
- Sell front and rear as a set and buy a different set of same or similar wheel
- Sell front and rear and buy some totally brand of wheel in the same vein (aluminum rim + similar depth)

Since I forked out for the Quarq my hope is to have this be a revenue neutral or generating move. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Help choose my next race wheels [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Help choose my next race wheels [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's kind of where I was leaning - I guess another thought would be to plan for the future and get an 11sp compatible wheel. I see HED sells retrofit kits but they are pricey ($150 + redish).
Quote Reply