Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help Me Pick a Wetsuit
Quote | Reply
I had a similar post last year and ended up going with a cheap suit ($60). It has been great but now I'm wanting to upgrade to something with more flexibility and features. I'm still not a fast swimmer, but with doing longer distances, I feel my current suit is a limiter.

I'm considering the following suits and with different sales, they are within $100 of one another:

Roka Maverick Elite
2XU V:3
Blueseventy Helix

Assuming that I can't go wrong with any of these, the Roka tops my list for price and 30 day return policy.

I just want confirmation of my decision but I'm open to others or coupon codes. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick a Wetsuit [healthynine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please do give us a shot! Re: pricing, I believe out ST-10 code for 10% off is live on our site. You can add it in the checkout. We've also got some 2013 closeout suits on our site that are around 50% off. Very limited sizes, but might be worth a look.

Best,
Rob

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick a Wetsuit [rokasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

I see you have a 2013 Pro in my size. Does the 30 guarantee work with that suit too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Same guarantee, warranty, etc.

Best,
Rob

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you would be doing yourself a disservice if you do not include the DeSoto T1 to your list - unique 2 piece design that allows a ton of fit flexibility and generous return policy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try them all on and pick the one that fits best :) They are all great suits.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick a Wetsuit [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to try on (not swim with) the 2XU. It seemed to fit well.

I am now leaning towards a 2013 Maverick Pro, especially with being able to try it.

I tried finding a Helix locally but couldn't.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick a Wetsuit [rokasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also going to be purchasing a wetsuit soon, and Roka is high on my list for a lot of reasons. I may be simply overlooking it, but I can't seem to find where the 2013 closeouts you are referencing are located.

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized clicking at the top opened a bar that has SALE I had not noticed earlier. My dumb mistake!
Last edited by: jacobpdx: Jul 25, 14 14:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look into HUUB! They are awesome!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've listed 3 of the better selling suits on the market.

Anything in particular that brought you to a short list like that?

There are at least 10 other strong suits on the market within $100.

I'm simply curious as to why not open the discussion up to suits that all have top end technology, at similar pricepoints?

I would like to through the Aqua Sphere Phantom into the ring here as well. If you'd like to try the suit, I'd be happy to make that happen.

Good luck with your search. I'd bet that each of the suits listed will fit you differently. Not miles apart in difference, but small differences in fit can make a big difference in performance. I would advise against anyone purchasing a suit without trying it on first. Swim it if you can..

Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ROKA is, without a doubt, the fastest, most comfortable suit I've ever raced in! Worth every penny! Triathlete Magazine just did a thorough review in their last issue I believe??

D
healthynine wrote:
I had a similar post last year and ended up going with a cheap suit ($60). It has been great but now I'm wanting to upgrade to something with more flexibility and features. I'm still not a fast swimmer, but with doing longer distances, I feel my current suit is a limiter.

I'm considering the following suits and with different sales, they are within $100 of one another:

Roka Maverick Elite
2XU V:3
Blueseventy Helix

Assuming that I can't go wrong with any of these, the Roka tops my list for price and 30 day return policy.

I just want confirmation of my decision but I'm open to others or coupon codes. Thanks!

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Helix as my first wetsuit and honestly can't say enough good things about it, although it is my only one. Found a 25% off discount code which didn't hurt matters.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick a Wetsuit [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am certainly open to other opinions and suit recommendations.

But I will tell you how I narrowed it down:

I ruled out the Vector Pro even though cost wise it seemed like a good value. Two of my buddies have this suit and both liked it at first but feel like it has stretched out and negatively impacts kick. I ruled out the Cat 5 because I have read its fragile. I honestly didn't look into much into it otherwise. I also tried the Zoot Z Force 3.0 and liked the fit, but felt I wanted a little higher end suit. The Zoot rep I spoke with said the next step up wasn't very buoyant by comparison so I eliminated it.

I included the Helix because it seems to be a popular suit and comes recommended locally. I included the V3 because I read the R3 was a good suit for the money. I was able to try both on and liked the V3. I included the Roka because I already struggle with rotation and thought the suit design made sense for someone like me.

I will say I haven't looked at the aquasphere but would certainly consider it. I also would consider Orca, Huub, DeSoto or others but I haven't had any exposure to these brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what type of "features" are you looking for?

the xterra vector pro is an extremely flexible suit. and buoyant too. and reasonably priced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough.

You have sound reasoning behind your picks, and that's a good start.

Trying on suits where possible is a recommendation I can't say enough. There are a handful of suits on the market with a 1mm shoulder/ sleeve, or suits that employ #40 rubber. Paired with the technology each manufacturer uses to open up the range of motion (Aqua Sphere- Bio Stretch) is usually what sets one suit apart from the other, assuming similar fit. Bouyancy and warmth are another two big selling points aside from flexibility. I wouldn't overlook these two items.

I'd like to say that every triathlete will fit in our wetsuits perfectly. Unfortunately, that just isn't realistic. Will the Phantom compete with the suits on the list? It most certainly will, and I'd venture a bet it is faster than some. I say some, not because I lack confidence in the suit, rather I know that how a suit fits you will make all the difference in freedom of motion, comfort, etc. As of today, the Phantom is the fastest suit I have swam in, for me.

We have some strong technology in the suit that sets it apart from the others.

If you're interested in giving a suit a shot, let me know.

Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick a Wetsuit [7718] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I am looking something more bouyant in the legs, and I like that the Roka design is supposed to help rotate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

As a few people have said, you have some of the best selling wetsuits on your list. That being said, there are definitely some more great options on the market that match what you are looking for in terms of price point, extra buoyancy in the legs and that promote rotation in the water. Our Zone3 Vanquish would be a suit that I would highly recommend to you based on the features you are looking for. That being said, fit is extremely important and your ultimate decision should be based on the suit that fits you the best and has the features you are looking for. I would be happy to discuss this suit or any of our other suits with you. Feel free to send me an email at: daniel@zone3.us

Best,

Daniel Cassidy
Zone3 USA Brand Manager
Quote Reply