Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help- wheel rubbing on P2
Quote | Reply
Need some help, I have a 2014 P2 which I just tried to put on a '05 ish 404 wheel. It's offset to non drive side and getting stuck in wheel well at the very bottom. It's getting stuck in the same spot on the wheel.

In the last few weeks I have had a borrowed 808 on there no problem.

Any ideas or insight?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Help- wheel rubbing on P2 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you remove the wheel there will be (or should be) a set screw in the front of the dropout. It sounds like you need to wind the screw out to push the wheel back in the dropout. There is a screw in each of the dropouts, wind them both back and make sure the wheel is centered between the seat stays when you do it.

[URL=http://s1285.photobucket.com/...zpsezx1sf5g.png.html][/url]
Last edited by: nickag: Sep 1, 15 18:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check the dropout screw, but if other wheels fit fine you might want to have a knowledgable wheelbuilder inspect the wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Help- wheel rubbing on P2 [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had an issue with the borrowed set or the stock wheels. I didn't know about the set screw so thanks to you and nick for that !

Should I be concerned it's the same spot on the wheel hitting or is that more a matter of getting it true d

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 P2's. When I swapped wheels, I found one was hitting the bike. So yep, the setback screw were adjusted differently on each bike.
So, they have to be adjusted for the wheel, tire type front to back, and also side to side to make sure things align correctly.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Help- wheel rubbing on P2 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does side to side adjustment work ? Set back screw worked. To my untrained eye it still looks offset to non drive side.

I think I f'd up the tube mounting the tire. There's definitely a "bounce" to the wheel watching it spin. I had a really difficult time getting the tire on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the front of the wheel is pointing toward the NDS and not straight ahead, turn the NDS set screw further in or DS set screw out until it lines up correctly. I would also deflate the tire completely and check that the tube is situated properly in the tire and the tire is seated on the rim while you have it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re-install the tube and tire, using lots of talcum powder. The powder acts as a dry lube so to speak and allows you to get the tire mounted "just right" much easier.
Then wipe the excess off the tire with a damp cloth

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Help- wheel rubbing on P2 [Vman455] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to take the tire off. I inflated it and there's definitely a bulge in the side wall. Now I'm not sure if it's not seated right or I broke the bead ?

Quote Reply
Re: Help- wheel rubbing on P2 [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good tip , thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the tire is shot by the sounds of it. (I wouldn't ride it, that's for sure. might be good enough on a trainer if you use one, but not good for the road)

get a new one and install with powder.

there are two kinds of triathletes. Those that have wrecked a brand new tire, and those that are going to

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply