Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Heather Jackson position [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is a very interesting topic. there are so many reasons a pro does xyz. in this case, it seems as if cannondale offers her enough so that she "makes" the bike work.

i have a friend that is a pro and this particular pro's coach tells them that latex tubes are only marginally slower and much more likely to flat (facepalm)... this pro (despite taking my advice and purchasing grand prix tt's) is also still riding gatorskins d/t fear of flat. even though with a pit stop you pretty much negate the flat issue. whatcha gonna do. i wish i had that engine, paired with my slowtwitch knowledge lol.

it's funny, people just get comfortable with things. it took 2 years for me to convince my friend/teammate to go from gatorskins and butyl to conti4k's and latex. zero flats since the switch...

on another note: i can't wait for the day that neutral support carries 650 setups. i feel many more women pros would be in 650's if this was an option.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon wrote:
on another note: i can't wait for the day that neutral support carries 650 setups. i feel many more women pros would be in 650's if this was an option.

i don't think THAT is what is holding back the flood of shorter athletes gravitating to 650c.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Jackson position [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"She's sponsored by Cannondale so she has to ride that bike. I know for a fact that at least one fitter has told her the cannondale does not fit her. But the fitter has to do the best he can do with the equipment he's given. "

Yeah...I hate to see relationship breakups, but this one is way obvious. Until Cannondale makes a bike that fits her, there are far better options. Read Jordan's take on the differences in ride between the two sizes of Andean he's had, despite nearly identical fit coordinate setups. Heather's stem looks like 130-150mm....like a boat tiller. Probably just ok for trucking along in a straight line, but really, REALLY not optimal. Then again....Crowie has won this race off of good fits AND less-good fits, so there's that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next