Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart rate monitor advice
Quote | Reply
Alright folks, after taking several years off and getting fat I have decided to jump back into the game. Things have changed a heck of a lot the last four or five years and honestly I was not a tech geek back then. I used a Garmin 305 and trained by RPE mostly.

With that being said I am planning on doing IMLou in 2018. I have a Garmin 920xt and I recently picked up wahoo kickr from a friend that is getting out of tris. For running the last couple years I have used my old HR monitor (305 HR) with my 920xt. I would like to update out of the dinosaur years and get up to snuff. I also plan to buy a new bike computer also as I want something a little easier to read on the bike than my 920xt. I was thinking about the Wahoo Element bolt. Any advice and direction would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to spending some time back on ST and trying to catch up on what I have missed in the last few years.

"Sometimes you got to learn to hurt"
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor advice [peewee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing wrong with the 920xt for sure plenty of people still use it...heck I still use a 910.

As far as the bike computer, I have a Edge 510 and it's older too, like the 910 but still does everything I want it to do, easy to use with Garmin Connect etc. Not sure about the Wahoo, but it has some good reviews. I guess I'm just to vested in Garmin and like the way it works.

One more thing you might want to look into is a power meter on the bike, too many to number so you'd have to research what works best for your setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor advice [peewee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the money, I'd get the Edge 520 which has been the best bike gps computer I've ever had. My neighbor does have the Wahoo and loves it so you probably can't go wrong there either.

If you are getting back into tri's, consider the tri HRM. You get all these running dynamics with your 920 and even HR while open water swimming. I even used mine in a pool and it worked for me, but claimed it might slip off while in a pool. In OWS it would be under your wetsuit.
Quote Reply