Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart Rate Monitor
Quote | Reply
I am looking at purchasing a Garmin. Right now, I use a phone mount on my handlebar and I use Strava. I want something that has on board GPS, Heart Rate Monitor, and obviously all the basics like speed, distance, elevation, etc..

What does everyone recommend? Do you know if the Garmin Heart Rate monitors will work or connect to Strava or do I have to use something in addition to Strava to track my heart rate. I would like to use it on my bicycle, while running and while racing motorcycles. I race professionally.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor [CTex65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the Garmin's upload straight to Strava. Ray Maker (who posts here regularly) has the best guides - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

You could also look at many of the other manufacturers if you just want something simple.

For biking, hard to beat the Garmin Edge 500 for price/simplicity. You just need an ANT+ HR strap/transmitter (which you can get in the "bundle" version of any Garmin Edge).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
For biking, hard to beat the Garmin Edge 500 for price/simplicity.
The 500 is perfect for cycling, and presumably for the motorcycle as well, but would be pretty awkward (but possible) while running.

It you want an all in one device, stick the the bigger screen watches like the 310, 910, 920 and fenix.
Quote Reply