Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year...
Quote | Reply
Have heard only positives about this race and was considering making it part of the family vacation next year.
But damn..!!..this does nothing to ease my phobia of OWS in oceans!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-FegG0U40k

:)

Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not a rick roll is it?
Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i wish bro

Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do know that the swim is in Katey's cove? A causeway separates the cove from the Bay of Fundy.

Great race!
Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [zane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zane wrote:
You do know that the swim is in Katey's cove? A causeway separates the cove from the Bay of Fundy.

Great race!

uhmm...ok
that makes me feel a little better..:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I mean by causeway, is a solid rock walkway that actually separates Katey's cove from the Bay. The cove fills up at high tide through pipes in the walkway. i.e. sharks can't get into the cove. Best description would be a man made lake, but with salt water.

As safe a swim as you can get. Water is warm, calm and shark free.
Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [zane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zane wrote:
What I mean by causeway, is a solid rock walkway that actually separates Katey's cove from the Bay. The cove fills up at high tide through pipes in the walkway. i.e. sharks can't get into the cove. Best description would be a man made lake, but with salt water.

As safe a swim as you can get. Water is warm, calm and shark free.

I can just see all the sharks peering through the hole at a bunch of guys in wetsuits wanting to chomp at the prey but not being able to slide through the pipes!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only at high tide. Most of the time the you can walk on the Bay of Fundy side. No reason for sharks to be near there even at high tide.
Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If movies have taught us anything about sharks (and I believe they certainly have) it is that sharks can go anywhere, at any time and eat a human no matter what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnKrWOpUwR0

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was having the same second thoughts about the swim at Rev3 Maine!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll be alright, that looked like a small great white............

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
You'll be alright, that looked like a small great white............

Yeah maybe:)
After all I'm 6 feet 2 and 190 with close to zero bodyFat and I'm good with my fists
If it has to come to that then Whitey is going to be one sorry phucker for thinking I was dinner

:)

Quote Reply
Re: Having serious second thoughts on Challenge St-Andrews next year... [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
Was having the same second thoughts about the swim at Rev3 Maine!!

Yeah... Maine is real close to Fundy. Whitey could make his way down to those waters in a day
When is Rev or has it already (I hope for your sake)passed :)

Quote Reply