Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hardest gear to find/buy?
Quote | Reply
I'm an aspiring triathlete and I was wondering what gear has been difficult for people to find/buy. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest gear to find/buy? [curlyfries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Engine :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wetsuit! Tough to find places that have multiple sizes in stock with a range of brands.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roids
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything in XXL sizes that is consistent. Or a wetsuit made for people built like a fire plug...short, stocky and arms to match
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find a 16T the hardest gear to find, rarely included but one that I always want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only been in the sport about a year as well, so welcome!

Nutrition - Skratch hydration flavors my LBS doesn't carry, they will order for me, or I buy a lot online. CarboPro I buy online.
Magazines - I love Triathlon220 and I don't think I can subscribe in states, only certain Barnes & Nobles carry it (bloody fortune too)
Kit - Most triathlon stores only carry limited brands and sizes, so it's tough to buy online and hope they fit and you like them.
Expert Bike Fit - Even my local tri store I don't feel is next level on fitting bikes. Getting a good fit, proper aero etc is a big deal as you progress.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest gear to find/buy? [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aw3 wrote:
I find a 16T the hardest gear to find, rarely included but one that I always want.

for the win
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the flat footed...mainly me personally...wide cycling shoes of any kind (road or MTB). Hard to tell if something fits if you can't try it on first. I sure many others have had the same issues as me trying to find the right cycling shoe. Still haven't 100% found it but close enough for what I have now.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Oct 8, 15 14:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clothes in size XS (European XS, not US XS which is more like S or even M for the rest of the world).
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest gear to find/buy? [MrSkinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrSkinny wrote:
Clothes in size XS (European XS, not US XS which is more like S or even M for the rest of the world).

Eat a sandwich.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A reasonably priced used cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest gear to find/buy? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
For the flat footed...mainly me personally...wide cycling shoes of any kind (road or MTB). Hard to tell if something fits if you can't try it on first. I sure many others have had the same issues as me trying to find the right cycling shoe. Still haven't 100% found it but close enough for what I have now.

Try the latest Lake road shoes. I have bunions so big that I will undergoe major foot surgery in six weeks. The only shoe that I could use for the IM was Lake.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Hardest gear to find/buy? [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paxfobiscum wrote:
loxx0050 wrote:

Try the latest Lake road shoes. I have bunions so big that I will undergoe major foot surgery in six weeks. The only shoe that I could use for the IM was Lake.

I'm ok for now. Currently using Bonts (Vaypor+ for my road and Sub 10 for Tri's) they fit well enough and I liked them better than my last pair of Lakes (they were non-wide). I still am looking for a new MTB shoe though whenever I am willing to spend the cash for that (eyeballing the Shimano M089 Wides and hopefully that will work but haven't seen a place I could test fit them yet....haven't really bothered lately either...other things going on..aka life)
Quote Reply