Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hanson at IMCDA 70.3
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
That was a monster win at IMCDA this morning by Matt Hanson. Fastest bike of the day and beat the World Champ. Very impressive.

WOW.!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And a 1:11 to back it up. Crazy fast and a new legit dark horse for 70.3 champs.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are your thoughts on Holly Lawrence? She seems unstoppable right now. Does she have a chance at Kona? It seems like Ryf has been fighting some injuries this season.
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
What are your thoughts on Holly Lawrence? She seems unstoppable right now. Does she have a chance at Kona? It seems like Ryf has been fighting some injuries this season.

She's never raced a full, and I don't believe she has any plans to this year so she won't be racing Kona. She is a machine at the 70.3 distance and will be a force if/when she makes the jump to 140.6.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

To be honest I don't follow the ladies as closely, mainly because the guys are who I compete against personally. I will say that Kona is such a difference beast and I don't like the chances of anyone in their first attempt.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chrissie.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Chrissie.

Outlier.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Chrissie.

Outlier.

hahaha, you don't think HL is an outlier??

/sidetrack
Last edited by: jkhayc: Jun 26, 17 6:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If only the Ironman website showed the results.
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
CCF wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Chrissie.

Outlier.

hahaha, you don't think HF is an outlier??

/sidetrack

Chrissie was completely out of the blue - and then never lost at the distance. I assume you mean HL (Helle Frederickson is also hugely talented) but both women have been beaten, and will be again. It was a crash that would have taken anyone else out of the race to even challenge Chrissie. I believe Dave Scott figured she would have gone near 8:30 at Kona. 16 minutes faster than Ryf's new record, and I don't doubt she would've been close.

Holly is the it girl right now, but she's not unbeatable at all. It's a great run, but I think she is ever improving and tremendous, but not someone that different from Ryf, Haushildt (sp), Wurtele on the day. Heck, look at Bella Luxford, similar athlete, Lucy Charles is coming thru, lots of development.

There's nothing coming thru like Chrissie. Once in a generation athlete I think...

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, that's all mostly true. But HL is still an outlier.
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Ok, that's all mostly true. But HL is still an outlier.

Well, if what I said is mostly true, wouldn't that make HL outstanding, but not otherworldly? Again - remarkable talent. But healthy Ryf is as strong on the bike and a better runner.

Do not read my comments wrong - I LOVE the way Holly races and she's outstanding!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Chrissie.

The fact that Chrissie was a perfect 13 for 13 in Ironman says a lot to me given the superstition regarding the #13. If you think that 13 days before her 13th Ironman she would crash as well it is even more remarkable.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [Barlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barlow wrote:
If only the Ironman website showed the results.

They do but I agree, it would help if they make the recent results more easily accessible from the main page. You have to think that a large percentage of traffic comes in the days after with people looking at their own results. Seems they could keep them up at least until the middle of the next week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a little surprised that Matt isn't getting a bit more public interest. I know this is Lionel land, but Matt has had a great year.
I am not saying he is a sure win against the big boys, but he has moved into the top tier. Kona is a big leap, and his swim needs work, but he has a shot at Chattanooga. If he can keep close to Sanders on the bike, he could have a shot. No, I am not predicting a win, but he could be podium.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
I am a little surprised that Matt isn't getting a bit more public interest. I know this is Lionel land, but Matt has had a great year.
I am not saying he is a sure win against the big boys, but he has moved into the top tier. Kona is a big leap, and his swim needs work, but he has a shot at Chattanooga. If he can keep close to Sanders on the bike, he could have a shot. No, I am not predicting a win, but he could be podium.

Hanson's swim speed is there - I am actually blown away by some of his pool times. He needs more open water practice at this point but his swim is far ahead of Lionel's IMHO. The big thing about Hanson is he is mostly proven to perform in hot weather. I think Hanson is a much better biker than Lange but Lange is clearly the better swimmer at least in execution.

Quote Reply
Re: Hanson at IMCDA 70.3 [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:

I am blown away by that bike - but he's coached by Julie Dibens, and so is Tim Don, who has got fast after working with Matt Bottrill out of the UK. If you follow Matt (at least on instagram) it seems that all his people are fast and slippery and just TT hammers. Julie has obviously gleaned some extremely valuable information from that collaboration, and I think you are seeing that with Matt too. Pretty outstanding execution of the race. If Kona front group splits, Matt maybe can get that second group, and we will see where that bike strength really is. If he has a chance on that run, he could at least be looking top 5 and who knows beyond there - history shows that you need some top 3-5 placing before a Kona win, but things are certainly looking up for Mr. Hanson1

Brent

Quote Reply