Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In
Quote | Reply
Did the race last year and am signed up again this year. Assume they have the road fixed by now where we had to all run on the sidewalk. Really enjoyed the race and plan on improving my time this year. Who else is signed up for this race?
Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there :D

Driving the bike course Saturday morning before heading down to Los Olas this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back again for another go at it. At 62, IM70.3FL in 2013 was my first 70.3 and I had a great time. In the 65/69 now.

Probably will be slower since I am into year number 2 of needing a total right shoulder joint replacement and now need a left wrist replacement plus the knees are worse than ever.

Sucks getting older but can still do more than most my age.
Last edited by: OlderTryGuy: Mar 12, 15 16:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raced it the past three years and will again be this year. 30-35AG Love that bike course. Was up there two weeks ago. Road was still under construction on the run hill. Only the left lane heading up the hill was drivable/finished. I'm assuming they are blocking off the road and having us use the open lane as the sidewalk we ran last year in some areas is unusable.
Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [joreck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joreck wrote:
Raced it the past three years and will again be this year. 30-35AG Love that bike course. Was up there two weeks ago. Road was still under construction on the run hill. Only the left lane heading up the hill was drivable/finished. I'm assuming they are blocking off the road and having us use the open lane as the sidewalk we ran last year in some areas is unusable.

Wow....a year later and that road isn't done?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
Did the race last year and am signed up again this year. Assume they have the road fixed by now where we had to all run on the sidewalk. Really enjoyed the race and plan on improving my time this year. Who else is signed up for this race?

I am racing. I have been in the sport since 1999, and this will be my first WTC race. What will the FOP look like without the enticement of a pro card? Will the fast AGers still be down there? Or will a 4:15 have a chance at an OA win?

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10th Street is still under construction and will be completed this summer. We have been working with the Haines City Public Works Department to make sure that the run course will have a smooth, solid surface for that part of the run course. Last year we used the "sidewalk" along the side of the construction. This year we will use the road on the lake site. It will have a hard, smooth, 18 foot wide surface for the run course.

We are very close to filling up for the race, so be sure to sign up in the next 7-10 days if you plan on racing.

Also - We have a practice swim on Sunday, March 29th from 9 am - 11 am at the race site! Course will be marked and lifeguards will be in the water!

Z
Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know, thanks!

Edit: do you know what the water temperature is at the moment? It's still in the low to mid 60s up here in the Butler Chain.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Mar 12, 15 6:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
10th Street is still under construction and will be completed this summer. We have been working with the Haines City Public Works Department to make sure that the run course will have a smooth, solid surface for that part of the run course. Last year we used the "sidewalk" along the side of the construction. This year we will use the road on the lake site. It will have a hard, smooth, 18 foot wide surface for the run course.

We are very close to filling up for the race, so be sure to sign up in the next 7-10 days if you plan on racing.

Also - We have a practice swim on Sunday, March 29th from 9 am - 11 am at the race site! Course will be marked and lifeguards will be in the water!

Z

Thanks Tom, will there be the ability to swim (in the lake) Friday or Saturday before the race....like last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes! We will have a second "practice swim" on Saturday. (the day before the race) It will take place after the 5K and IronKids run on Saturday morning. Turn buoys will be set up so you can "see" the M-Dot swim course! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In as well. Can anyone recommend a place to visit in Orlando if I have only one day, I am thinking in having Monday off and visit perhaps Universal Studios but not sure if some other place is worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there; I estimate we will both get into town at the exact same time.
Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clempson wrote:
I'll be there; I estimate we will both get into town at the exact same time.

You are correct sir! I estimate you will finish the race before me, unless your wave starts 45 minutes after mine!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in. My first 70.3. Looking forward to it. Male, 40-44 ag

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [hickorynotch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for a third year in a row.

Sarasota Storm Tri Club
Off Constantly Race Team
Challenge Factory Team - PM me for a discount code for 2015 Challenge Family Americas races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. This will be my 4th Florida 70.3, but 1st time at Haines City.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:

Z

Aaargh. That's the same morning as the Florida Gran Fondo. Any chance you could move it to Saturday, March 28th?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone know water temp?
Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
approx 70.7 average water temp according to the central florida fisher friends of mine.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this point, it really doesn't matter. More than 7 days out is too early to ask about water temperature for a Florida lake in April.
Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [JARZ44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JARZ44 wrote:
In as well. Can anyone recommend a place to visit in Orlando if I have only one day, I am thinking in having Monday off and visit perhaps Universal Studios but not sure if some other place is worth it.

If you want to get the most out of a theme park in one day it's hard to beat Universal IMO. Bonus: you can do a recovery swim at Lucky's Lake at 6:30am literally right next door, take a short drive down the street to First Watch for breakfast, and then be back at the park when it opens. I suggest staying at the Drury Inn on Sandlake Sunday night if you go this route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
joreck wrote:

Wow....a year later and that road isn't done?

At IMFL it only took the city of PCB five years to get S. Thomas Dr. done. You'd swear that it was crappy winter weather like up North that hampers their efforts and limits their progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Haines City (Florida) 70.3 Check In [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. It will be my first 70.3 as well, 35-39 ag. Looking forward to the Lucky's Lake swim and a week at Disney to recover!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
be there, at this point will prob be first time riding outside since nov. m35-39.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
Yes! We will have a second "practice swim" on Saturday. (the day before the race) It will take place after the 5K and IronKids run on Saturday morning. Turn buoys will be set up so you can "see" the M-Dot swim course! Z

Are the lake gators expected to be large and/or particularly hungry this year?
Quote Reply

Prev Next