Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Habanero Ti Bikes
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with these bikes? They are intriguing for the price.

Thanks,
fal7
Quote Reply
Re: Habanero Ti Bikes [fal7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is Rick Denney when we need him...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never ridden one, but I researched them quite extensively a while back and I failed to find any negative comments about them other than the fact that someone objected to them being made in China. You can look for yourself at rec.bicycles.tech or rec.bicycles.racing(through groups.google.com).

I really like the technical write up on the web site too: www.habcycles.com.

They seem like a really good deal. You have to be sure of the fit o course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
     I have a Habanero, in fact I just got off it. I got it last year and absolutely love it! I have it set up with a CarbonX, Zipp 404's, and Ultegra. It rides like a dream come true for around $2200. The best thing for you to do is contact Mark Hickey at Habanero and arrange a test ride with someone who owns one. If you are anywhere near Long Island, NY, you can come over and ride mine.

I replaced a QR Kilo and it was like night and day. The kilo was nervous and jerky, the Habanero is smooth, fast, corners and climbs well, and it is always comfortable.

It has a longish top tube for a 78 degree bike but it works well with the short stem of the CarbonX and I shortened up the extensions about an inch from where they were on the QR. It worked out great and the price of the frame allowed me to get the Zipps and stay in my budget.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply