Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HUNGER + OBESITY CODE
Quote | Reply
So I have been running a moderate amount of running of approximately 80km per week since March, with the exception of the lighter weeks (every third or fourth week) that I had to take off because I kept on getting sick with whatever my kiddos were sick with. Anyway, all that time I did my running in the infamous grey zone 3, which I actually really enjoy.

However, for the past three weeks, I finally started doing speed work. In fact, all my runs, including my slow runs, are faster now, partly because I am feeling stronger, healthier, less sick and sleeping more. However, I have noticed that I am ridiculously hungry all the time now. I can't think unless I eat. I started snacking on mixed nuts and trail mixes all the time, but I am afraid that if I keep "listening to my body" I will balloon into epic proportions because I don't have the best metabolism in the world.

I also recently read the "Obesity Code". I looked at the "sample meal plan" at the back and got puzzled. It looks fine for a person who doesn't do much physical exercise. Is that book not compatible with endurance athletes? I once tried two weeks for low carb eating and could barely finish my easy jogs - it was a suffer fest for no reason. But according to that book, snacking is really bad as it increases insulin resistance...and here I am snacking 24/7!
Quote Reply