Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HR Monitor not working on Run portion of Triathlon
Quote | Reply
For the last four triathlons I do not have any HR data for my run portion of the triathlon.

I use a Garmin 520 on the bike and my HR works fine.
I use a Garmin 920XT throughout the race and I don't know if the HR works during the bike...but it doesn't read during the run. But when I prep the watch prior to the race, my HRM does indeed connect.

Anyone else have this issue?
Quote Reply
Re: HR Monitor not working on Run portion of Triathlon [ShivDoinidis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd guess it is one of two things:
software setting on the 920.
it gets bumped/jostled out of place during T2 - unlikely that it happens 4X in a row.

Are you running the 920 in multisport mode?
Quote Reply
Re: HR Monitor not working on Run portion of Triathlon [ShivDoinidis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ShivDoinidis wrote:
For the last four triathlons I do not have any HR data for my run portion of the triathlon.

I use a Garmin 520 on the bike and my HR works fine.
I use a Garmin 920XT throughout the race and I don't know if the HR works during the bike...but it doesn't read during the run. But when I prep the watch prior to the race, my HRM does indeed connect.

Anyone else have this issue?

Try repeating the problem at home from your couch, no need to wait until your next event.

If you are able to repeat the problem, do a factory reset of the watch and try to repeat the problem again.

This would be step 1 for troubleshooting.

If you still have the problem after a factory reset, then I would reach out to Garmin support.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply