Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HOMESTAY FOR PRO IN NEW YORK TRIATHLON
Quote | Reply
Most of you know that new North American Pros are on a very tight budget and homestay help from age group people in across the country make their journey a bit more possible. As a coach of many elite athletes, the home stay process has allowed my athletes to both afford to make it as a young pro, and additionally has been an enjoyable experience for them to get to know people in that region of the country. Two weeks ago people in the Mineapolis area were great enough to homestay 23 year old new pro Taylor Reid. We already have a homestay hooked up for the Chicago Triathlon in mid-August. The homestay we thought we had for next week's New York City Triathlon has fallen through. If any Slowtwitch readers know of a person or family that could help a young pro with a bedroom that would be greatly appreciated. He arrives Thr July 31st before lunch and leaves on Monday morning. If you are able to help out with a homestay can you email me directly at barrie@personalbest.ca He is a great young man, respectful, clean and a great cook as well! Much appreciated.

Sincerely
Barrie Shepley
Voice of the ITU Triathlon Series & Hall of Fame Coach
Quote Reply
Re: HOMESTAY FOR PRO IN NEW YORK TRIATHLON [coachbarrie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taylor won our Sprint event when he was 16 or 17. Good kid. Should be no worries for a homestay if someone can help him out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't live there but for what it is worth if I was I would have a pro stay at my house with no problem!! The only fee would be letting me pick his or her brain as much as possible about training for triathlons during their stay :)
Quote Reply
Re: HOMESTAY FOR PRO IN NEW YORK TRIATHLON [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think about 99% of the pros are happy to share their wisdom with the home-stay / age groupers they get to meet. Taylor would be no different. If anyone has a contact in the New York area (they don't have to be a tri-family) or anyone with the New York Tri-Club, it would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you ever have a person needing a homestay in Northern California, always have a room reading which I have used before for athletes.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply