Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2?
Quote | Reply
Weather should be good, but I understand there might be two transition areas?
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the half, and according to the athlete guide, T2 will be located outside the park.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we will have a cold swim and bike. The high of the day will be in the mid 70s but the mornings will be brisk.
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [mcrae] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm in for the half. weather report looks good, chilly swim and early bike, and warming as we go.
yes, 2 transitions. check the athlete guide for details. we will get a T2 bag to put bike stuff into after the bike. this T2 bag AND your bike will be moved back to T1 to pick up after the event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Man it has been cold in arizona so I hope the slightly warmer weather feels better.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i wish they made this race 2-3 months earlier or 3-4 months later. great venue.... but even when weather is good its too damn cold!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! In 2013, it was so cold that my feet were numb until about 3 miles into the run. Last year, the weather was great! Expect to be cold in T1 and early on the bike, then it should warm up. I don't like the change to 2 transitions, but I hope they get the run a little closer to 13.1, it was at least a half mile short last year.
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I'm in. Man it has been cold in arizona so I hope the slightly warmer weather feels better.

Same here, in for the half. I thought about bailing on the race given how cold it's been here in Phoenix lately. This cold weather has me cranky and not wanting to train or race but I guess I'll HTFU and go.
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [Jeff Johnson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm bringing a wind resistant jacket and show covers. Maybe I'll get an aero advantage on both. With that said, keeping my core temp down has always been a challenge. Even with this being my first race since breaking my shoulder blade in September I'm hoping for a PR.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we ever meet at these races or is slowtwitch more of an internet group?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the only place I've worn booties on a swim, both for the cold, and the terrible "beach" That was 2013 when there was a storm warning in effect. 2014 wasn't that bad.

The change to two transitions is odd. Does anyone even like two transitions?
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe they are doing it t make the run course accurate. I told Mark Wilson last year just to run around the lake the way Greg has us do in the Desert Tri. Last year they got jammed up with a golf tourney and had to cut the run course short. so maybe they will have us run through T1 to make up the distance?
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked these up and which ones are legal. Some look like they may qualify as fins.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't even know how they got it short last year given that all we did was run out to Madison, toward Avenue 54, and turn around. Its not like the turnaround couldn't have been pushed out closer to Avenue 54.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wore some cheap tilos because they are short, but I saw lot of people with blue seventy ones.

A carpet from the water to T1 wouldn't kill them and would be so much better on the feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the 1/2 as well.
You all are funny with your weather talk. I am coming in from Alaska and those morning temps are normal summer time temps for me!
Looking forward to the race, but didn't even catch that there were two transitions. I'm glad I saw the thread.
Any other insights on the race and course?

http://www.tri-ingtokeepwarm.com
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Palm Springs Roll Call, anyone doing the 1/2? [akbreezo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flat and fast!
Quote Reply