Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP! How do I keep my Edge 800 alive for 12 hours!
Quote | Reply
I really need some help! I am doing a 200 mile road race this Saturday; so I'll be riding for around 12 hours. I will be using my Garmin 800 WITH THE MAP ON (I have too), which will quickly drain the battery after around 5 hours.

Any suggestions? Perhaps an small external battery charger that I can mount on the handlebars? Suggestions? Will a charger work, while the 800 is on?

Thank you ahead of time
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! How do I keep my Edge 800 alive for 12 hours! [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like the garmin edge 800 has a lithium ion battery with about 1000 mah capacity. you could probably get a lipstick charger and tape it to your garmin or bike/handlebars. if you don't already have one you can probably get one from amazon for around $10-15 that has about 3000mah. i personally haven't done this but it should work. good luck to you this weekend
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! How do I keep my Edge 800 alive for 12 hours! [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lhmd21 wrote:
looks like the garmin edge 800 has a lithium ion battery with about 1000 mah capacity. you could probably get a lipstick charger and tape it to your garmin or bike/handlebars. if you don't already have one you can probably get one from amazon for around $10-15 that has about 3000mah. i personally haven't done this but it should work. good luck to you this weekend

Ive done this - works like a charm! I needed 15 hrs - and left with a portable charger-thing. The charger only ran out of juice after 15hrs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
make sure the backlight is turned off

also turn of glonass (if it has it)

change gps record to the least battery drain. (smart I think)

turn off bluetooth (and wifi if it has it)

that should help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hit the Googles hard.
I know a 500 needs a special cord to charge and operate at the same time. Not sure if 800 has that same limit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 1000, but it works fine to charge it from a battery while in use. I just stashed a couple of batteries (I'm risk averse!) in a top tube bag and ran a short charging cable to the Garmin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.amazon.com/...runite%2Bc2&th=1

I have one of these and it's served me well. The battery is user-replaceable if you need extra run time or if it goes bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I have the Edge 810 and I use this http://amzn.to/2pAofpo

Have a great ride ... 200 miles ! rather you than me

Tristan Haskins
CardioCritic.com
Power-Pedals.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
p3 wrote:
I really need some help! I am doing a 200 mile road race this Saturday; so I'll be riding for around 12 hours. I will be using my Garmin 800 WITH THE MAP ON (I have too), which will quickly drain the battery after around 5 hours.

Any suggestions? Perhaps an small external battery charger that I can mount on the handlebars? Suggestions? Will a charger work, while the 800 is on?

Thank you ahead of time

buy a polar. m450 lasts 35 hours.
Quote Reply