Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA
Quote | Reply
Hello fellow Slowtwitches.

Here's my scenario:

I live in NZ and want to buy a very rare Cervelo RS frame in XS size (650c! These don't exist anymore!) from Incycle Bicycles in California. Shipping to NZ is ridiculously expensive but my parents will be in LA for one night only next week. I want Incycle to ship this frame to their hotel to arrive the day before they arrive so that it is there when they get there so that they can bring it back for me. Simple right?!
Incycle were good at communication at the start answering my questions but now won't reply to anything - all I want to know is how long do they need for processing and delivering the frame to ensure it arrives on the correct day ie. what date do I need to purchase off their website. I don't want it to be sitting around at the hotel days before they arrive and I don't want it to arrive after they have left.
I have tried emailing and sending a Facebook message (which they have read and not replied to!) and calling but it says the number is incorrect.
I don't really know what else to do and don't want to miss out on my dream bike - anyone dealt with them, or know them, or work there, or can help me in any way?!

From a very sad little Kiwi who just wants a new road bike with 650 wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [bigjo_NZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know anybody there, but let me see if I can get this sorted out.
I'll PM you w a direct email address so we can untangle the mess.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, that would be great thanks :)
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [bigjo_NZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think they have that frame.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys are 20 mins away from my house. PM me - I'll help you out.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your parents buy the frame and have it shipped to the hotel, when the tracking number is generated by the shop, your parents can call the shipping company (fedex, ups etc) and have them deliver it to and hold it at a fed ex/ups location. They can then pick it up with a valid ID (passport). I think they will hold it for up to 2 weeks. I've done this several times in the past with success and guarantees it will not be "misplaced". It's one possible option.
Last edited by: guy2600: Feb 16, 18 19:07
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the offer but all sorted now thanks to the amazing service by STConcierge :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happened?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why does someone with a username like "bigjo" need an XS frame?
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure why they weren't replying to me but STConcierge found me a phone number that worked so I was able to speak to an actual person. Frame has now been purchased to be delivered next week.
One happy little Kiwi
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's crazy isn't it ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That shop got a big shipment of NOS Cervelo frames, including a few P5-6's, that they were selling dirt cheap (1399 - not a typo). If you are in the US, its worth checking their site.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, the frame I bought is 2011 but like gold since they (and not really anyone) will make 650c road frames anymore. I even emailed Cervelo a few years ago and asked if they had any RS frames lying around and they didn't so not sure where these ones have been hiding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome that you found a good 650C frame, wish I would have known about them, I just found a different 650C road bike.

Incycle Bicycles, just 2 hours from West Covina?
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not exactly sure where in California they are, I think they have 4 stores.
What 650c road bike did you end up getting?
You could always get an RS as well - remember the n+1 rule :)
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Anyone friends with/know Incycle Bicycles in CA [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their headquarters in in San Dimas - very close to West Covina - under 20 min. They have stores (or used to at least) in Corona, Rancho Cucamonga and Pasadena. Used to be my go to shop in Southern CA before I moved. Services, like most bike shops, is hit or miss, but their inventory is unbelievable. If they don't have it in a particular shop, then can usually get it pretty quickly from one of their other stores. I thought all bike shops were stocked like that until I moved to the Midwest and realized they definitely are not.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply