Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP!!!! Softride Rocket owners
Quote | Reply
WTF! i can not find any water bottle cages that fit on this bike. I have my Profile BTA bottle, but i would like to have a second cage on the downtube. I tried the torhans VR and the profile razor, neither fit, even my regular old water bottle cage wont fit in there. I really wanted an aero bottle, but at this point i will take anything. What fits on these frames.

FYI, its a large frame, so size shouldn't be an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!!!! Softride Rocket owners [seiken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride a Softride PowerWing. I have plenty of room for an aero bottle.
Here is a link to pix I found on a google search.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/108930884711298671/

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!!!! Softride Rocket owners [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zeusrun wrote:
I ride a Softride PowerWing. I have plenty of room for an aero bottle.
Here is a link to pix I found on a google search.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/108930884711298671/

"it's clearly for interstellar travel, stop your dumb questions"
Lefty suspension fork + aero base bar with bullhorns but no drops, elbow rests or extensions, internal gearing, a mile of looped extra cable housing, Gatorskins, aero 90 sew up wheels, aero bottle, disc front brake, toe straps, front and rear flashers...

OP - what's the conflict between the frame and bottle cages.? Pretty much anything should fit there. Some Rockets even have a place for another cage on the underside of the downtube.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!!!! Softride Rocket owners [DamonHenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The holes to attach a cage are so low it's hitting the bottom part of the frame, where it curls up to meet the seat stays. I took it to the lbs to shop cages, none fit. The guy is going to add a third mounting screw up higher so I can actually fit a cage in. We test fit a speedfil and it looks like it's gonna work out fine... So I guess I am getting a speedfil.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!!!! Softride Rocket owners [seiken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
might be better to drill holes in some cages than the frame?

seiken wrote:
The holes to attach a cage are so low it's hitting the bottom part of the frame, where it curls up to meet the seat stays. I took it to the lbs to shop cages, none fit. The guy is going to add a third mounting screw up higher so I can actually fit a cage in. We test fit a speedfil and it looks like it's gonna work out fine... So I guess I am getting a speedfil.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply