Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
HEDs New Website is LIVE!
Quote | Reply
http://www.hedcycling.com

and http://www.hedcycling.com/jet

Check out the new wheels! The new Jet black wheels look awesome

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where'd all the graphs go?
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it's still being updated?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New H3 finally, I'm interested in seeing the numbers on that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great wheels. It would be a very nice tech add to be told how long their special braking surface treatment will stay fine .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Dec 25, 14 11:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks good but their new prices on the jets is out of control 2000-2100 for a set of jets is just something i do not understand. The wheel industry is full of itself.
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, same has been happening in the wetsuit industry. Since the "Freak of Nature" wetsuit prices have shot through the roof. Maybe because companies realized if so many bought the Freak that if they jack the prices up there will still be plenty willing to pay. There are some companies out there that are offering killer deals on wetsuits that are very reasonable and high quality suits at that. Not so sure $600 a suit is what I call "reasonable" in any manner, top or low end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be Zipps fault...$3,600 for Firestrikes!!! Makes Jets seem like a STEAL at 2 grand.
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember when you could get a set of hed cx/jets for $800 and Zipps for $1,000. I'm getting old.
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was not long ago, back when i got into the sport in 2008 i could get a new pair of jet 9's for 1400 or so, not sure why they are now 700 more for the same design except for a wider rim and a ruffed up brake track. Zipp is the same, except they have at lest developed some interesting designs over the last few years that are truly innovative.

Also: I am really interested in a set of shallow clinchers for road racing this year that can really stand a beating. HED's new price at 1500 is just insane considering i can build up a set of Flo rims, industry 9 hubs, sapim everything and be under 1000.

Edit: I have really liked HED wheels in the past but this was the proverbial straw that broke my bank account, when your stinger and jet are the same price something is wrong.
Last edited by: -Mike-: Dec 25, 14 17:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hed doesn't claim to be a value brand. If you want the best speed for dollar, go Flo.

It's like comparing a P5-6 DI2 vs NP3 105. How much speed are you gaining by paying a hell of a lot more? Not a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember drooling over the HED disc in BIke Nashbar for $395.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, the font on their product pages is awful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re shallow Alu there's adds great options for normal money;

pacenti sl25 on king hubs with xc rays..
Aileron rims on same
Or even Stans grail
All cover the shallow wide Alu rim well
As do flo 30 but with a weight penalty...

With a evade helmet you'll be fast enough on the training rides ;)
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 100% roadie in the midwest and with all the wind i mostly stick to Alu rims, i just built up a pair of panceti's with indsutry 9 hubs that are amazing. My primary comment is purely a business remark, i am just not sure why HED is trying to sell their new FR ardennes wheels for 1500 when you can go to wheel builder and build up a better pair for 500 less. Same with the new Jet being priced at 2100 when you could just grab a pair of 404's for a couple hundred more and get better hubs and a lighter wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Mike- wrote:
. Same with the new Jet being priced at 2100 when you could just grab a pair of 404's for a couple hundred more and get better hubs and a lighter wheel.

The Jet 6 is $1600MSRP vs. $2725 for 404FC. That's a lot more than a couple hundred.

Or if you meant comparing fancy braking surfaces the Jet 6 Black is $2100 vs. the 404FS at $3500. Way more than a couple hundred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Mike- wrote:
looks good but their new prices on the jets is out of control 2000-2100 for a set of jets is just something i do not understand. The wheel industry is full of itself.

That isn't for the regular jets, that is for the ones with the enhanced braking surface.

Which I think is cool, but if you don't race technical stuff in the rain much, is not something you need to be pay for.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
correct but the regular jets are still increasing in price each year, right now they are 1800-1900 for the wide version non black jets which is really high for a wheel with a fairly simple processing design.
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:

Agreed. social media overkill

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the jet 6 non black is 1900 and the black model is 2100 msrp (and most dealers sell at that price for HED). Zipp is regularly sold (AKA down the street at my shop) for 2200 for a pair of 404 tubies, 2300-2400 for a FC CC. My primary point is that HED has not really done much with their design, have so so hubs, and yet they have increased in price in an already packed market with an increasing trend for lower priced wheels (FLO, Williams, Boyd, November, etc). I think Zipp is crazy too in their pricing but at least they have developed a CC wheel, nice hubs, lots of regular advancements, and sponsor so many people they have to inflate their prices. I don't own either brand but i just find the pricing structures interesting given current market conditions. It could also be tainted by my skew towards road racing and noticing fewer and fewer Zipp/HED/Reynolds wheels at races with an increase in Chinese direct, November, Boyd etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Mike- wrote:
I think Zipp is crazy too in their pricing but at least they have developed a CC wheel, nice hubs, lots of regular advancements

Many of us consider the carbon clincher feature a downside, not an advantage.

Hubs also, make no difference in performance and only marginal differences in durability. So, who cares?

HEDs cost less than zipps, are a bit less aero and a bit heavier than zipps.

HEDs cost more than flos, are a bit lighter than flos. Might be more aero, haven't seen them compared.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

From the thread The Great Wheel Dilemma, http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

This data is from a Tour magazine test. The HEDs are very close to the Zipps and you get better braking and don't have to pay as much.

The tests were conducted with a Jet 9 and Disc vs a Zipp 808 and Zipp Disc

Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 27, 14 6:40
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [tridiego] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridiego wrote:
asad137 wrote:

Agreed. social media overkill
What a strange first page on their website. A tiny ribbon for their products and a massive list of social media nobody cares about.

I think Hed's in a difficult space. They're not Zipps and they're not Flo - two brands with roughly equal performance but at very different price points. I don't know if they're worth the extra cost vs the Flo's and unlike Zipp you can't just buy rims and have your custom set built .

Quote | Reply
This is a new website? From what I remember, it's very close to the old one.

Pricing issues aside, HED makes great products, but this website doesn't do it justice. The site is semi responsive, but doesn't even include a product menu on mobile size - the most important part of the site isn't even accessible on the device that probably most people are using to view the page.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: HEDs New Website is LIVE! [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tilted wheels is tripping my OCD tendencies. I want to tilt my monitor.

The prices are stupid but it's the market. God Bless the guys at FLO.

Prev Next