Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED JET always get puncture from rim tape
Quote | Reply
This problem happen in both HED rim tape or other brand. It happen because after install the tape then when use for a while, the edge of tape will move then edge get sharp. When go up hill or hit some bumper. The inner tube will be flat because of that sharp.

Does anyone know how to fix it?
Quote Reply
Re: HED JET always get puncture from rim tape [UnUnU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use tubeless tape or strapping tape or something. No rim strips.
Quote Reply
Re: HED JET always get puncture from rim tape [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already use Tubeless from HED but this problem still happen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried velox rim tape? Not sure of your exact setup, but I know it has always served me well.
Quote Reply
Re: HED JET always get puncture from rim tape [tri_curious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_curious wrote:
Have you tried velox rim tape? Not sure of your exact setup, but I know it has always served me well.

While Velox isn't the sexiest on the market, it's bombproof.

I've suffered similar flats to the OP with plastic Michelin? rim tape, but that was only after is was about 5 years old

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UnUnU wrote:
This problem happen in both HED rim tape or other brand. It happen because after install the tape then when use for a while, the edge of tape will move then edge get sharp. When go up hill or hit some bumper. The inner tube will be flat because of that sharp.

Does anyone know how to fix it?
I had the same problem for a while and it drove me nuts. Especially bad with latex tubes.

Buy a wide rim tape. I can't remember what brand I bought, but it was wider and once installed I never had the problem again, and the guy I sold the wheels to over 2 years ago has never had the problem either - I did warn him about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use veloplugs and put a square of super33 electrical tape over each. Done this on all my Jets (the wide rim and angled drilling makes it easy for rim strips to shift.

Works great, light weight, makes trying the wheel easier, and eases tire installation.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: HED JET always get puncture from rim tape [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Veloplugs was also the solution for me, while the problem was that the Velox rim tape would expand down the spoke holes, and eventually the latex-tube would 'get-out'. I think the expanding was due to the fact, that the rim tape would get wet/dry to many times; as a consequence of the fairing construction.

/Jan Staunstrup
Quote Reply